Late Stage Collections Specialist I
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Late Stage Collection Specialist I will be responsible for counseling borrowers on methods for bringing their loan current and/or exploring alternative solutions. This level of Loan Counselor may need to escalate borrowers with loan workout or loan modification needs to a higher level Loan Counselor. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
This role is the first level of the Loan Counselor job family and incumbents generally perform work of low to moderate complexity. Incumbents are able to perform collections activities and may still be learning the loan workout functions performed by the Loan Counselor job family.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explains detailed mortgage loan information to borrowers including the HUD Waterfall, mortgage loan information and loan workout and modification options to borrowers.
- Evaluates and helps determine the borrower’s ability to pay, and collects appropriate financial information in a courteous and professional manner, striving for first-call resolution and in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Counsels borrowers on their options through education of alternative solutions.
- Contacts borrowers, utilizing an automated dialing system (Aspect Dialer) for both inbound and outbound calls and conducts manual outbound calls.
- Provide alternatives to borrowers who demonstrate the ability and or inability to pay, by offering loan modifications, short sales, Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure, and/or possible refinancing.
- Negotiate reasonable payment arrangements with borrowers, assembles and provides the required documents to complete a borrower “Request for Mortgage Assistance” package in compliance with department policies and procedures.
- May function as the single point of contact for a borrower.
- May need to escalate borrowers to a licensed Loss Mitigation associate for specific workout details.
- Provide status on payments and payoff inquiries; review short sale requests; provide vendor information on Real Estate Owned (REO) properties; verify payment history and new servicer contact information; process payments.
- Assist with loan servicing website payments, denied access, password resets.
- Respond to escrow, loss draft and closing document inquiries.
- Provide status on a wide variety of loan servicing functions including loss draft, short sale, Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure, modification/refinance requests, payment/credit disputes, escrow refunds, vendors for REO properties, repayment plans, and down payments on foreclosure pending mortgages.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of or ability to learn requirements of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Knowledge of relevant and industry-specific computer software packages.
- Strong verbal communication skills – ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally. with others accurately, audibly, and quickly.
- Basic to Intermediate math skills (i.e., add, subtract, multiply, and divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy).
- Ability to understand basic collection issues and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to apply state, federal and company requirements and make proper decisions.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Less than one (1) year collections experience in a customer service/call center environment and /or loan servicing experience.
- Experience in the Banking, Mortgage/Loan Servicing industries preferred.
Our Mortgage Servicing platform has continued to grow by focusing resources on excellent execution of our key competencies, including customer service, delinquency management, default management, loan administration, analytics, and investor reporting – all while preserving homeownership and providing world-class servicing. We’re always building our mortgage business with our customers in mind.
What We Offer:
• Comprehensive healthcare plans for you and your family. Matching 401k
• Access to several fitness, restaurant, retail (and more!) discounts through our employee portal.
• Customized training programs to help you advance your career.
• Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
• Educational Reimbursement.
Carrington Mortgage Services
1600 S. Douglass RdAnaheim, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Carrington Mortgage Services