Resident/Medication Assistant (PRN)
Carrington Assisted Living Green Bay, WI
- Expired: December 18, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Premier Senior Living Community offering independent living, assisted living and memory care has an immediate opportunity for an Resident Assistant.
The Resident Assistant is a non-professional employee trained to provide personal care and related services to residents in the community according to documented, individualized service and care plans. He/she functions under the Healthcare Coordinator. May be a Certified Nurses Aide but this is not required.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Obtains vital signs, records and notifies the supervising nurse of deviations per Individual Service Plan (ISP).
- May provide assistance with the following:
- Personal hygiene (bathing, grooming, hair care, shaving, skin care)
- Change bed linens and make bed
- Toileting and Incontinent Care
- Nutritional and fluid intake
- Ambulation and transfers
- Medication reminders
- Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
- Follows the residents ISP as directed. Follows the daily task sheets developed for each resident.
- Communicates with the appropriate supervisor about changes in the residents status and/or the home situation
- Utilizes standard precautions and infection control procedures
- Follows written instructions and requests assistance and further instructions with new or unfamiliar situations.
- Prepares resident progress notes and submits this documentation in a timely manner
- Assists the resident in maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Exhibits a caring and respectful attitude toward the resident and the residents property
- Assist with activities and encourage resident engagement and participation
- Uphold confidentiality of residents and coworkers, HIPAA
- Attend Bi weekly in service meetings and mandatory trainings
- Adheres to all community and company policies
- Performs any other duties as assigned
- Must complete a minimum of 12 hours per year of in-service education.
- Have a minimum of six months experience in a caregiving role, preferably with the elderly.
- Agree to undergo supplemental training by Community personnel, as may be required by the Community.
- Must complete and pass the medication management course.
- Have the professionalism necessary for establishing and maintaining a good rapport with resident and family members. Ability to handle emotionally charged situations in a professional manner.
- Have an interest in and a sympathetic attitude toward caring for the elderly.
- Have the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Must be able to move within the community and the residents apartment freely and without limitation.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to endure the residents environment, which may be unsanitary and uncomfortable.
- Must be able to assist residents to roll in bed, sit up from a lying position, stand from a sitting position, transfer assist to and from w/c and provide stand-by assist during resident ambulation or other activities of daily living.
- High school diploma or a GED.
- Be able to read, write and comprehend English
- CPR Certified within 90 days starting employment.
We offer a competitive hourly wage, full benefits and many more perks!
If you have a passion for helping people and want to grow professionally, please send your resume to for immediate consideration.