Lead Service Field Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under minimal supervision, conducts preventive maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of very complex building systems. Recognized as a technical leader, coach and mentor in the local office. Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. Provides consultant level services for the customer related to building automation systems and ensures ultimate customer satisfaction levels with assigned customers. With a high level of complete technical competence, mentors lesser experienced team members.
- Adheres to all ALC and customer safety standards. Promotes safety awareness on work sites and provides safety leadership to employees and subcontractors.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the facility. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with customers representative consult on facility performance. Keeps customer informed of the nature of service we are onsite to perform.
- Communicates outstanding issues and recommends through field quotes system enhancements, upgrades, and/or repairs. Is observant of additional opportunities we may have to solve issues. Actively participates with service account manager and sales team to engineer and estimate solutions.
- Actively works with sales and account team to consistently transform agreement base to higher level outcome and technology-based offerings.
- Performs system maintenance in accordance with established service practices and direction including field controllers, servers and workstations and field hardware. Maintains feedback of equipment scheduling and modifications needed to service account manager.
- Interfaces with service coordinator, service account manager and service project managers to coordinate activities as required in a professional manner. Acts to provide feedback on team assignments, skill certifications and learning recommendations as required.
- Performs diagnostics and repairs to complex control systems. Knowledge of multiple manufacturers controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Provides training to customers for their specific control systems operations. Delivers documentation to the customer for training as needed or as contractual obligation requires.
- Follows established learning path and conducts extensive self-study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
- Actively participates in leadership learning path and practices leadership skills while mentoring, performing group training, performance review input or other leader development assignments.
- Provides solutions to increasingly complex system problems by troubleshooting systems and leading others on how to resolve problems. Works with subcontractors and other trades as needed to ensure proper operation.
- Local escalation point for technical issues. May coach and resolve issues either on site or through remote coaching.
- Completes all job required documentation on-time including time sheets, expense reports, posting of work orders, on-site documentation and project status reports in accordance with company policy as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Provides direction to other team members and follows guidance from service account manager or project manager.
- Must be able to work alone, manage time effectively and communicate proficiently with customers.
- Able to create, download, and troubleshoot complex HVAC system logic using WebCTRL and associated software. Proficient with all WebCTRL software functions and utilities.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networks including wireless technology design and troubleshooting.
- Able to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical, and Electrical blueprints.
- Experience with Microsoft software products to include: Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Windows products.
- Possess computer and networking skills to properly maintain their laptops and mobile devices as well as experience in the maintenance and troubleshooting of Ethernet and ARC Net communications.
- Strong background in the operation and control of mechanical equipment and their control sequences.
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree, or Technical School in the HVAC industry with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in the HVAC controls industry.
- Experience interacting with a large and diverse number of simultaneous challenges, requiring knowledge of multiple disciplines.
- Possess and maintain valid and current Driver’s License and be insurable by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to travel in excess of 50% of typical workweek, including air travel, overnight hotel stays, and unexpected travel as well as participate in rotating on call schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, Electronics, or IT.
- Field experience and a complete understanding of the installation and operation of Automated Logic Controls and knowledge and understanding of third party control systems and integrations.
- Experience with Automated Logic and Phoenix software to include: WebCtrl, SiteBuilder, ViewBuilder, LogicBuilder, InterOp 3.02, Alert, Draw, EDB, Eikon, Supervision, and Accel Works.
- Capable of climbing ladders or using other lift equipment in excess of 8 feet above grade, and capable of lifting items up to 50lbs.
EngineeringView all jobs at Carrier
Get fresh Agilent Field Service Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.