Auto Parts Counter Person
Carquest Auto Parts Wilmington, VT
- Posted: over a month ago
What is a Commercial & Retail Auto Parts Counter Sales Person?
Professional level sales position capable of supporting advanced functions for both DIY and DIFM. The role has expert knowledge of store systems, advanced automotive system knowledge and part knowledge. Thisrole has the ability for advanced identification, trouble shooting and project assistance for DIY/DIFM customers. The role has the ability to source from numerous places including special order, FDO, second source, etc.The role has in-depth knowledge of the store inventory and maintenance processes. Position is full time.
- Provide professional and pleasant selling experience for DIY and DIFM customers
- Achieve personal / store sales goals and service objectives
- Manage DIY services including battery installation, testing, wiper installs, etc.
- Ensure high standards of customer service and store appearance standards
- Key holder responsibilities (task assignment and completion, safety, open/close duties)
- Assist in store inventory processes including truck put away, shoot outs, cycle counts, back stock, etc.
- Store Cleanliness including floors, bathrooms, facing, dusting, parking lot
- Provide DIY services including battery installation, testing, wiper installs, etc.
- Friendly communication
- Ability to locate and stock partsSafety knowledge and skills
- Operating inventory systems and store equipment
- Parts and automotive system knowledge skills
- Operating POS and Parts lookup systems
- Expert at testing and diagnostic equipment for DIY services
- ASE P2 certified or ASE ready equivalent
- Advanced solution, project and product quality recommendation abilityAdvanced parts lookup and sourcing
- Advanced selling skills for commercial and DIY
Essential Job Skills Necessary for Success as a Parts Pro (Commercial and DIY combined)
- Working knowledge of automotive systems, and diagnostic ability to include: internal engine, suspension, brakes, electronic, exhaust, etc.
- Ability to speak and write English (Spanish a plus); communicate effectively and build strong relationships with customers, peers and management
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, parts catalogs, and procedure manuals; ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to read and interpret financial and operational reports
- Ability to understand and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Successfully complete the Parts Knowledge AssessmentAbility to complete basic math accurately: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to use Microsoft software effectively (Word, Excel)Strong organizational skillsAbility to work an assortment of days, evenings, and weekends as needed
Prior Experience that Sets a Parts Pro (Commercial and DIY combined) up for Success
- 3-5 years of prior automotive parts experience
- Proven sales ability with past experience in fulfillment of customer transactions
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid driver's license and cleared to drive by our insurance companyASE certification preferred, but not required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominantly be walking or standing. The employee is required to be able to talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually working inside; however, they will occasionally be outside and exposed to various weather conditions while performing such tasks as installing batteries and wiper blades. The employee is also occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Carquest Auto Parts
AutomotiveView all jobs at Carquest Auto Parts