Carpentry Contractors, a division of Lyman Companies, is seeking a Project Management Intern for the summer of 2020!
Our Internship Program is customized to expose students to different areas of work while matching career interest with projects. This 12 week paid program features three work dimensions; fundamentals, other duties, and project work.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the PM and/or CM in many of areas including but not limited to, data collection, lean project work, process roll out, and safety training.
- Perform job site carpentry labor and duties as directed by Construction Manager.
- Attend meetings, events, and other networking opportunities.
- Project work to be assigned by location manager.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and company policy standards by thorough knowledge and enforcement of safety and employment policies.
- Travel throughout the MN Twin Cities Suburban metro areas to job sites.
- Complies with operational safety and security policies and procedures.
- Complies with Company’s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned by location management.
- Tasks are subject to change.
Job Classification and Compensation:
- Interns earn a competitive hourly wage.
- This position is considered full-time for the duration of the internship.
- After 40 hours worked per week this position is eligible for overtime (1 ½ times hourly wage).
- Interns are not eligible for Lyman Companies benefits.
Qualifications and Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Full-time student who is in good standing with their college or university.
- On track to a bachelor’s or associate’s degree in an accredited program in AAS in Civil, Architectural or Design, Construction, or related fields.
- Legally able to work in the United States.
- Partial to fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Special knowledge required – Reading and interpreting blueprints in an architectural related industry.
- Physical demands include lifting up to 50 lbs. on a random basis, standing, walking or sitting for extended periods of time, and bending or stooping. Ability to travel and perform according to the requirements of the position; valid driver license.