EMPLOYMENT CASE MANAGER
Carpenter's Place Rockford, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Employment Coordinator of a faith based agency, responsible for engaging homeless guests and housing program guests in employment services, provides job and social skill preparation in individual and group settings. Provide advice about career development, educational and vocational services. Assists guests in overcoming employment barriers and obtaining gainful employment.
* Implement and oversee employment and job coaching strategies
* Work closely with Case Managers/Housing Coordinators to ensure all guest employment needs are being addressed.
* Assess wants and needs, provide assistance and guidance for guest who are facing difficult employment challenges
* Present and teach job searching/interviewing/resume writing skills and techniques
* Track, oversee and document guest progress
* Uphold a positive work environment
* Collect information about guests through records, assessments, interviews, and professional resources, appraise their interests, aptitudes, abilities, and personality characteristics for vocational, educational planning, and career planning.
* Coordinate interviews for program guests, conduct and record post interview activities.
* Coordinate follow-up activities to evaluate program job placement and life skills techniques.
* Maintain a high level of customer service and professionalism when working with program guests and community partners
Must possess good motivational skills, be detailed oriented, and be a team player with high energy. Bachelor's degree, ability to pass a background check, drug test, and have a valid driver's license with reliable transportation required. Experience with job readiness, homelessness, addiction and mental health services beneficial.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro