Legal Assistant (Entry Level)
- Expired: 18 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Carpenter & Zuckerman ("CZ") was founded on the principle that justice for injured people is more important than insurance company profits. CZ Law is a leading California personal injury law firm that is dedicated to the representation of injured people. Because of the size and strength of our firm, we have the resources to match the firepower of big insurance companies, which do everything in their power to try to get a discount on the payment of legitimate claims.
At CZ legal assistants are pivotal to our ability to seek justice for our clients. We have developed a community and culture that focuses on this pursuit and allows employees to grow professionally.
CZ is hiring multiple Legal Assistants and exact job duties vary by trial team. Listed below are core duties Legal Assistants perform at the firm. Team assignment is based upon experience and current knowledge base.
- Performs routine clerical duties including organizing files, communicating with clients and reviewing incoming mail and documents
- Monitors statute of limitation dates for filing lawsuits and government claim deadlines
- Preparation of summons and complaints, statement of damages, applications for publication, etc.
- Preparation of drafts of discovery responses
- Processes and files of motions, discovery, lawsuits, etc.
- Drafts and handles correspondence and emails
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Competencies & abilities in:
- Ability to handle heavy workload
- Ability to keep deadlines as assigned
- Detailed oriented
- Able to work well with others
- Working with Clients
- Adequate grammar and spelling skills
- Working under deadlines and fast-paced work environments
Required Education and Experience:
- 0-3 years experience in a personal injury law firm or similar professional office setting
- Computer skills: Proficient in G-Suite, MS Office, and Adobe
Additional Comments: This job description is not a complete statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements. Requirements are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skill, and/or abilities. Management retains the discretion to add or change the typical duties of the position at any time. Hiring is contingent upon passing a criminal background check and reference checks to our satisfaction.
Statement of At-Will Employment: Employment at Carpenter & Zuckerman is employment at-will. Employment at-will may be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time by the employee or Carpenter & Zuckerman. Nothing in this job description or in any document or statement shall limit the right to terminate employment at-will. No manager, supervisor, or employee of Carpenter & Zuckerman has any authority to enter into an agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make an agreement for employment other than at-will. Only Paul Zuckerman the Managing Partner of Carpenter & Zuckerman has the authority to make any such agreement and then only in writing.
Carpenter & Zuckerman
8827 West Olympic BoulevardBeverly Hills, CA
Get fresh Entry Level Legal Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.