Financial Analyst, FP&A
We are a dedicated group of data enthusiasts with our sights set on driving automation and improving outcomes for the insurance industry. Our award-winning solutions harness the power of emerging and alternative data using bleeding-edge technology and Big Data pipelines to help insurers across the globe streamline processes and identify risk with greater accuracy than ever before.
We embrace talent from all walks of life; whether you're a seasoned industry veteran or just starting your career, our diverse and growing team is uniquely poised for explosive growth in the dynamic frontier of insurance technology.
We want your ideas, your enthusiasm and your passion to help us keep innovating.
As an integral part of Financial Planning and Revenue Operations for the Company, the Financial Analyst reporting to our Director of Finance, FP&A will develop and maintain scalable, efficient financial processes to provide data and business insights that enable Leadership to make informed business decisions, while developing collaborative partnerships.
What You'll Do
- In partnership with Business Leadership, develop and maintain financial forecasts for the business assessing risks and opportunities in actual results vs. forecasts
- Prepare and automate monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages, including detailed variance explanations against budget and forecast to understand performance drivers
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success to monitor go-to-market business strategies, revenue growth, and KPIs
- Drive best-in-class practices in the use of Salesforce (ERP) and Adaptive Insights (Entreprise Planning) to enhance efficiency in data gathering, analysis and overall business insights
- Support in the maintenance of customer master lists, pipeline opportunity records, and the delivery of Sales forecast by driving CRM data governance
- Assist in the development, management, and evaluation of Sales incentive programs
- Support strategic business decision-making through financial modeling and analytical thought leadership
- Drive the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes for all business functions including development of financial metric models, department specific budgets, and related KPI analysis
- Partner with functional leadership across the organization to manage workforce, plan operating expenses, and provide operational insights that lead to effective outcomes
- Utilize our various ERP tools (i.e. Adaptive Planning, Quickbooks, Salesforce, etc.) to build and maintain dynamic financial forecast models that help drive business insights
What We're Looking For
- Analytical: Ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make recommendations or decisions
- Attention to Detail: Don't let important details "slip" through the cracks
- Autonomous: Can work independently and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously under tight deadlines, yet knows when to ask for help
- Creativity: We're solving novel problems; doing the same things we've done in the past may work sometimes, but it won't always be enough. Creative, elastic thinking is critical to our success
- Communication & Influence: Strong written and oral communication skills; can influence across the organization, inspire confidence and garner support for strategic initiatives
- Discretion & Confidentiality: Ability to exercise discretion, judgment, tact and poise in handling highly sensitive and confidential information
- Project Management: Project management and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to navigate in a fast-paced & performance-oriented environment
- Collaborative: Can develop and maintain cross-functional business partnerships with professionalism
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree required in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, and/or Economics. Advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years experience in finance, business analysis or other analytical capacity
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to master new systems and applications quickly
- Advanced Excel skills; highly proficient in financial and operational modeling and ability to create and maintain error-free and highly dynamic Excel-based models
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions without specific step-by-step instructions
- Previous experience in roles requiring business partnership and financial reporting and analysis
- Highly organized and motivated with the ability to work on multiple projects while delivering results in a timely manner
- Demonstrated success building effective partnerships and managing relationships at all levels
- Prior experience with tools such as Adaptive Planning, Quickbooks, and Salesforce strongly desired
If your experience is close to what we're looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms and ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we continue to learn from each other is an integral part of our culture.
We are proud of our commitment to employee development—encouraging opportunities for growth across the organization. We have a strong focus on a collaborative company culture emphasizing teamwork and open communication. We actively strive to create a work environment, fostered by all employees, that provides equal and equitable access to opportunities, develops our people to acquire new skills and/or achieve personal and professional goals, and leverages all perspectives so that everyone feels welcome and valued and can contribute fully to our organization's success. We embrace our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to show up as their authentic selves.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 100% employer covered health and dental insurance
- Equity grant
- 401k with company matching
- Flexible vacation policy
- Full-time permanent positions are eligible for the Carpe Data Bonus Plan. The bonus is based on a combination of individual and company goals
- Flexible working hours
- Virtual company events such as yoga, Lunch & Learn Gatherings, and Social Justice Book Club
- Learning & Development Programs including employee Mentorship Program, unlimited Udemy Learning access, management training and career pathing
- Great downtown office including parking, weekly community lunch, standing desks, and dog friendly
Carpe Data - USSanta Barbara, CA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.