- $46,000 to $58,000 Yearly
Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union is looking for a Staff Accountant in the Accounting department located at our main branch.
Job Purpose: Knowledge with financial accounting principles, balance sheets and income statements. Responsible for managing investments, fixed assets and supporting or leading various projects. The position will utilize spreadsheets and data to assist in making decisions for the accounting department. Work is performed under minimal supervision and requires professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality. Will work in conjunction with the accounting team to assure required timelines are met for the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using General Accepted Accounting Principles will verify and post detailed business transactions to general ledger and other systems in support of the day-to-day credit union operations.
- Reconcile and audit general ledger accounts and prepares accounting entries as assigned
- Responsible for managing Accounts Payable system accurately and timely - entering invoices in our system, validating approval, and processing Accounts Payable on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile and pay employee corporate credit cards.
- Compile and provide Share Account Analysis Report and New Loans Report, and other reports required for delivery to management accurately and on time.
- Responsible for overseeing the reporting of fixed assets, Posting acquisitions, depreciation, and dispositions according to policy. Assist in preparation of fixed asset budget; compile annual personal property tax reports and maintain roll forward analysis.
- Responsible for maintaining investment program and subsidiary ledgers. Calculate and post interest accruals, payments, and additions. Balance general ledger to investment subsidiary ledger. Maintain roll-forward analysis, safekeeping records and pledged securities processes Must be able to analyze large amounts of data from various sources and organize the data by creating and updating complex spreadsheets (Excel). Will utilize this data and analysis to recommend solutions, drive decisions, create reports and evaluate operational needs.
- Develops and maintains familiarity with various tasks and responsibilities of other accounting and operational positions, i.e., ACH processes, ATM balancing, wire processes, call reports, tax reporting, payroll and/or other critical functions to help resolve more complex issues. May perform as back up to these duties as needed.
- Other duties include but are not limited to mobile banking balancing, FedWire balancing, wire log, board and employee reimbursements.
- Will support accounting management with research and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
Required Knowledge: Experience with general ledger accounting, managing fixed assets and investments, strong analysis skills, intermediate to advanced Excel skills, balancing commercial bank statements, and accrual accounting principles.
Experience Required: Prefer 3 or more years of prior credit union or financial industry accounting experience.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
With a desire to expand our service reach and directly influence the financial opportunities for individuals, families and small businesses in surrounding communities, the Credit Union applied for and received a Community Charter. In October 2001, we began serving those who live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in Horry, Georgetown, Marion, Williamsburg, and southern Florence County. Carolina Trust was thrilled to remove membership barriers so that more people could experience the Credit Union difference and a lower-cost banking alternative. Then, in 2018, we broadened our service area even further by expanding into Brunswick County, NC – less than 2 miles away from our Little River branch.
At our core, we are people helping people. Since 1958, we’ve been helping people achieve their financial goals, small businesses get the financing they need, and our employees expand their career potential. Additionally, we actively support our local schools and charitable organizations. We want our members and employees to feel good about the good we do in their communities, and we will continue to build this reputation one relationship at a time.
Carolina Trust believes that before trust will be reciprocated, it must be earned with time, consistency and authenticity. We’re the trustworthy faces you see around town, and we’re proud of our Credit Union heritage of owners serving owners.
Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union
1010 21st Ave. NorthMyrtle Beach, SC
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.