Performance Engineer II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Performance Engineering (PE) team is a dynamic and ingenious department responsible for discovery of and solution creation for a variety of issues across the organization. The central focus of our work surrounds PV plant performance and an ideal candidate has the ability to problem solve creatively while tracking a plethora of issues.
Essential Functions- (All the Functions of the PE-I, plus the following):
- Leading core functions of PE Department responsibliites (Reporting, Testing, Onboarding, Monitoring, Scheduling On-Call, etc)
- Training PE-I on skills or job functions, including development of SOP/trainings and QA/QC of content
- PE Service scope development, review, pricing, and client engagement
- PV System planset review, including Network and SCADA SLD
- 3 Phase AC Fault Analysis, DC Fault analysis
- Inverter/Meter Settings file audit/creation
- Research market available products and solutions for business needs
- FIIX WO Review and closeout/completion.
We work to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to eligible employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work life balance, and protection from the unexpected.
The following benefits are included in addition to your base compensation:
- 401k (with 3% Company contribution)
- Laptop, cell phone, and unlimited data plan
- Paid holidays (7 annually)
- Paid parental leave (4 paid weeks off)
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Access to Company vehicle for work-related travel
- Reimbursement for work-related travel at GSA rates
- Long term disability insurance coverage
- Solar Sabbaticals (extended period of time off for every three years of service)
The following additional benefits are available after 30 days:
- Medical insurance (with the Company covering 80% of the employee premium and 20% of spouse and/or dependent premiums)
- Dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid time off (with the accrual rate increasing annually)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to manage issues to resolution
- Near excessive attention to detail necessary
- Ability to stay calm and collected while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work based on internal and external needs
- Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Power Systems), Computer Science, Computer Networking, Electronics, Physics, or Math; or
- 4+ years in Renewable Field or Technical role
- Programming skills (Python/MatLab/SQL)
- Relay/Protection/Meter experience
- Energy Storage familiarity
- PVSyst Modeling experience
- Solar Industry Engineering standard familiarity
- Must be able to sit or stand for up to 8 hours daily
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs occasionally
- Majority of work to be completed in an office environment
- Occasional on-site visits
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
We provide solutions for renewable energy systems to support a sustainable future. As stewards of the environment, our team maximizes the impact of every power plant we service through an independent and human focused approach.
As a force for good committed to the well-being of our people and planet, we prefer hiring and recruiting employees located within 20 miles of our home base or remote depot. With that said, we believe that strategic and creative talent knows no geographical bounds. We accept and encourage applications from candidates regardless of location.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We put safety at the forefront of our work for our employees and clients. This involves creating safe spaces in which we strive for justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring, company culture, leadership, and community partnerships. We are committed to addressing systemic racism and sexism so that all staff are valued and respected. We invite deep listening, diverse perspectives, and healthy dissention that we may better explore the impacts of the decisions we make. This includes providing ongoing opportunities for training, advancement, relationship building through education, volunteerism, and collaboration.
We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Carolina Solar Services
Get fresh Engineer PE jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.