Carolina Poly a leading plastics manufacturer located in Chester, SC, is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our engineering team. Carolina Poly produces several lines of polyethylene products including high quality trash bags and construction films. Carolina Poly is a new facility that is part of an established nationwide manufacturing company that can provide growth and advancement opportunities.
Mechanical engineers at Carolina Poly are responsible for engineering of new equipment installations, and the modification of existing equipment used for blown film extrusion and recycling of post-industrial scrap polyethylene. The responsibilities include; project management, project engineering, coordinating and overseeing the installation and the commissioning of the equipment.
The engineer will be installing, upgrading, modifying, and working on various types of mechanical systems. These systems included extruders, blowers and cooling packages, rollers and nips, material transfer equipment and piping, water pumps and piping.
In addition to project work the engineer will support maintenance groups on existing equipment. This role will document, recommend and execute maintenance procedures, upgrade proposals based on a combination of industrial data analysis and troubleshooting results.
Our engineers work in both solo and team environments with different disciplines depending on the scope and nature of the project. They regularly draw on their professionalism, communication skills, and technical expertise to instruct local maintenance personnel or contractors on relevant theory and practical applications. The role may involve additional responsibilities and opportunities as they become necessary and/or are assigned by management.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- AutoCAD skills with regards mechanical drawings.
- Experience with blown–film and extrusion equipment.
- A strong desire to follow projects and processes through conceptualization to implementation and maintenance.
- The ability to self-motivate and complete independent assignments or components of group projects on a deadline.
- The aptitude and desire necessary to be a good student of Carolina Poly processes, equipment, and procedures.
Carolina Poly offers competitive compensation packages including Medical/Dental, paid vacations and holidays, and 401(K).