Are you ready join a winning team? Is it time you earn what you're worth? Then Carolina Comfort Air is ready for YOU!
We are hiring Experienced Service Technicians to keep our clients Comfy in their homes and offices! If you have at least 2 year of HVAC Service Technician experience and EPA/CFC Certification to work with Refrigerant apply today. We offer Year Round Work, Ongoing/Onsite Training & Career Advancement Opportunities. You'll also be eligible for Medical, Dental & Vision insurance after 90 days as well as Holiday & Vacation pay. PLUS a $20k company provided Life Insurance Policy AND a Tool Purchase Account.
Work Hours: 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts available
Summary: The Service Technician reports to the Service Manager and works collaboratively with other CCA employees in leading the Company toward its long-term vision of being the premier heating and air conditioning services provider. An employee in this class performs the full range of duties associated with installation, maintenance, and repair of ventilation, air conditioning and environmental control systems. The Service Technician receives work orders indicating the nature of the work to be done. They are expected to determine the materials, tools, and repair procedures needed. Limited supervision is given to this employee.
Essential Job Functions:
• Replace faulty thermostats, wiring, and controls.
• Test electrical circuits or components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
• Reassemble and test equipment after repairs.
• Repair or replace defective equipment, components or wiring.
• Lay out and connect electrical wiring between controls and equipment according to wiring diagrams, using electrician’s hand tools.
• Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications or to detect and locate malfunctions.
• Adjust system controls to setting recommended by manufacturer to balance system.
• Install auxiliary components to heating-cooling equipment, such as valves, air ducts and dampers.
• Perform general or preventive maintenance procedures such as cleaning or vacuuming equipment.
• Install and test automatic, programmable or wireless thermostats to minimize energy usage.
• Arrive at jobsite at scheduled time and location as dispatched
• Relocate from one jobsite to another jobsite as dispatched during the workday
• Report to dispatcher when arriving and leaving jobsite
• Follow instructions from supervisor and/or dispatcher and carry out in timely manner
• Report problems with equipment to Service Dispatcher to expedite parts delivery
• Communicate with customers and collect C.O.D. on maintenance visits as directed
• Ability to work staggered schedule if required
• Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times
• Complete all service-related forms properly
• Provide all customers with new / renewal maintenance agreement program information
• Inform and educate customers about residential planned maintenance agreements
• Inform and educate customers on additional products or services available through company
• Inform customer of replacement options following company guidelines
• Develop basic knowledge of electrical refrigeration principles, service tool and testing devices
• Develop skills to perform planned maintenance on residential systems utilizing maintenance
• Offer maintenance and accessories on each call
• Build average ticket by completing complete system diagnostic
• Valid driver’s license
• Insurable driving record
• Minimum of a High School diploma
• At least 3 years of overall professional experience as a Service Technician or similar role within a HVAC related field
• Work from 40’ extension ladder and 6’ step ladder
• Ability to operate power and hand tools safely
• Participate in in-house training programs
• Ability to follow written and verbal directions as given
• Must have good communication and presentation skills
• EPA certification
• Demonstrate mechanical aptitude
• Must have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities
Since 2007 we have built a new base of operations in Clayton, NC on US 70 Business West and a team of HVAC specialists. We have also been able to expand our service area to additional locations in Dunn, Jacksonville & Wilmington allowing us to keep homes Comfy from the Triangle to the Coast!
Members of our team have traveled across the country to numerous HVAC training seminars and conferences to stay up to date in the forever-changing market of the HVAC industry. Carolina Comfort Air specializes in HVAC Service, Installation & Maintenance for single family and multifamily homes as well as light commercial applications.