Shutterfly is searching for a talented Managing Art Director, Brand to join our in-house creative team. We are standing up a new team that will continue to build on the beloved Shutterfly brand legacy. You’ll be joining us at the outset to help shape and build the team. This new team will be fun and dynamic creative talent comprised of Creative and Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters, Visual Designers and an inhouse photo studio team.
As Managing Art Director, Brand, you will be responsible for developing creative concepts and integrated campaigns for our ecommerce brands. This role requires someone with strong branding and marketing campaign experience as an Art Director. You understand target audiences and know how to develop break through, ownable marketing campaigns. Your experience running lifestyle photoshoot mean you know how to translate a concept into a shot. You love a fast-paced environment, working for a growing company and the challenge of multiple projects.
How will you make an impact?
- Coaches and mentors staff
- Sets goals and does reviews to develop talent and motivating staff
- Supports the Creative Director with high-quality standards, championing business goals and objectives
- Proposes solutions that use resources effectively and efficiently.
- Deliver an aesthetic that aligns to a premium brand
- Ensure brand differentiation
- Works across teams and departments partnering with internal clients
- Pitches ideas and presents work to Directors and VPs
- Presents ideas, articulates rationale and facilitates effective feedback and implementation
- Can art direct multiple projects at a time, ensuring they are on brand, in line with the Creative Director’s vision and meet the creative brief objectives.
- Able to lead the design team in inspirational brainstorm sessions and help to push creative concepts that work across multiple channels.
- Uphold brand standards and brand evolution with both internal and external partners
- Lead concepting and art direction for photography
- Work collaboratively in a team environment, and with direction from the Creative Director, and able to trickle that direction down to more junior team members
- Self-directed, extremely organized and can manage oversight on multiple projects and campaign
Your success will be because you are/have...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art/Design or equivalent
- 7-10+ years work experience in this or a related field.
- 3+ years experience working as a managing Art Director at an ad agency, web design firm, e-commerce company, retail/fashion house or design firm.
- Proven track record of creative campaigns that work across multiple channels including print and digital
- Strong aesthetic
- Catalog Print Design a strong plus
- A deep background in concept development and direct response design, both digital and print.
- A portfolio that reflects strong design concepts, exceptional design sensibility and attention to detail, a sophisticated, clean aesthetic
- Know how design works effectively within an online user experience and how marketing design works to enhance the customer experience
- Ability to communicate and exercise superior verbal and written skills as to how their art direction drives business objectives.
- Passion for branding and the design + copy process.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator), Sketch, InVision and Zepplin.
- A great attitude and flexibility towards business and its ever-changing nature
- A sense of humor and the ability to have fun doing what you love.
Shutterfly's purpose is to help Share Life’s Joy. For over 20 years, Shutterfly has and will continue to empower customers to make the most out of life’s most memorable moments. We delight over 10 million customers, processing over 26 million orders yearly and hosting over 40 billion photos. That is a lot of memories. Memories become stories we pass down through generations.
Where you work is as important as what you do. Shutterfly’s values guide us in how we Share Life’s Joy. We are warm, inclusive and collaborative; we grow through innovation; we debate important decisions, then fully commit are a few of our values. Who you work with is important too. Shutterfly employees are talented, committed, collaborative and nice too! To learn more about us, go to Shutterfly Inc.