Preschool Program Advisor
Carole Robertson Center for Learning Chicago, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life_insurance, medical, vision
Under the direction of the Director of Learning and Evaluation, the preschool program advisor ensures compliance with all internal and external program standards, and promotes continuous quality improvement for all Carole Robertson Center for Learning programs. The preschool advisor will build and sustain a community of practice for the Center’s preschool teachers, family child care providers, and home visitors serving children 3-5 through the provision of coaching and technical assistance supported by reflective practice. This role is a critical link in building a culture of inquiry among teachers, home visitors, and direct service staff to support children’s growth and development.
· Establish a preschool learning agenda to advise and align with Carole Robertson Center for Learning program goals that would include addressing the critical knowledge gaps, plans for learning activities and developing and prioritizing learning questions.
· Provide expertise for preschool teachers and site leadership in developing and implementing quality improvement strategies.
· Maintain a consistent coaching schedule with preschool teachers and home visitors serving children ages 3-5.
· Work with the data analyst to plan for and coordinate program evaluation and reporting.
· Work closely with Program and Impact leadership team to review quarterly program data and support continuous quality improvement efforts.
· Develop and design staff training.
· Provide support to Carole Robertson Center for Learning direct service staff through the provision of training and consultation on training needs.
· Stay abreast of national trends and early learning research to curate and maintain a directory of resources.
· Track program success and challenges.
· Assist in collecting data with various assessment tools including ECERS, ITERS, SACERS, FCCERS, CLASS, and DECA/DARS for Carole Robertson Center for Learning programs and partners.
· Assist in managing Teaching Strategies GOLD (TSG) observational data and maintaining TSG/Creative Curriculum fidelity.
· Prepare reports and maintain relevant documentation.
· Assists with other duties and projects as assigned
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in early childhood education, early childhood administration, education, or a related field. Minimum of at least 5 years of experience in Early Childhood Education.
· Ability to gain and maintain reliability on various assessment tools in order to assist in collecting data using these tools (ECERS, ITERS, SACERS, CLASS, DECA/DARS).
· Advance knowledge of Teaching Strategies GOLD system, Coaching to Fidelity, NAEYC accreditation standards, and Head Start standards.
· Advanced knowledge of child and adult learning theory, practice, and implementation.
· Advance knowledge of teacher coaching best practices and implementation.
· Advanced skills in use of Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Excellent oral and written skills,
· Must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends, or other times as required.
· Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-task with demonstrated attention to detail.
· Ability to oversee multiple concurrent projects effectively and ability to work well under tight deadlines.
· Flexibility to adapt to changing conditions and requirements.
Carole Robertson Center for LearningWhy Work Here?
We are NACEY accredited and operate under Excelerate - Gold standards, and serve over 1,000 children daily.
The Carole Robertson Center for Learning is a private non-profit organization serving children at every stage of development - from birth to 17 years old - out of three sites in the North Lawndale, Little Village and Near West Side communities of Chicago. We are NAEYC accredited and operate under Excelerate - Gold standards. All programs are bilingual in English and Spanish and welcome to children with special needs. We have been serving the community for over 40 years.