Air Specialties Express, a division of Carnes Company, is offering a career opportunity to the right individual as National Sales Manager. This position is crucial in that the responsibilities include improving sales of products by maintaining and expanding our customer base by promoting products and identifying independent representative offices and distributors. A high amount of travel is necessary. Performance is measured weekly by the number of contacts met with, the number of new customers met with, the number of signed contracts, along with the growth in margin dollars by territory, monthly and annually.
National Sales Manager Job Duties:
· Accomplishes sales company objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, and terminating agreements for non-performing representatives in assigned districts; communicating sales expectations; planning, monitoring quoting activity, appraising, and reviewing order contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
· Must be able to prepare reports of their weekly progress towards their weekly goals. Measurement and meeting established goals is essential.
· Achieves sales operational objectives by contributing sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining sales system improvements; implementing change.
· Meets sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
· Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of company objectives.
· Maintains and expands customer base by counseling distributors & independent sales representatives; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
· Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
· Implements trade promotions by publishing, tracking, and evaluating trade spending.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
· Accomplishes sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
National Sales Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Able to make plans and communicate them in terms of meeting growth goals, Must be able to motivate sales people to promote our products. Must have technical or industry knowledge of HVAC products to explain advantages of Carnes product selections, must have presentations skills and able to build relationships, emphasizing excellence. Must have negotiation skills and be result driven. Five years of sales experience required.