- Posted: over a month ago
Carnegie Robotics partners with a variety of industry leaders to provide customized robotic solutions for any problem. Our expertise in building and deploying hardened solutions paired with our partners decades of expertise in an industry lead to very successful outcomes. We are not afraid to take on the challenges of any industry, and have applications in a wide variety of ways: floor scrubbing, boating, logistics, industrial inspection, precision positioning, mining, off-road autonomy, and minesweeping. Whether you already have an interest in robotics, or are just joining the field and are looking to find your "niche", Carnegie Robotics is the place for you.
Individuals who are interested, and ideally experienced, in some of the areas and topics we are passionate about. All skill levels and backgrounds are welcome. We have an amazing team of engineers from a variety of backgrounds who love to share their collective knowledge and experiences. We've had Electrical Engineers who started as interns in Production and Manufacturing, Software Engineers we found on Github, and Mechanical Engineers who are now Technical Program Managers. We're about growth and providing opportunities for you as you move through you career.What you'll be doing:
As a Buyer/Planner (B/P) at Carnegie Robotics you will be an integral member of a dynamic team responsible for the design, analysis, build, testing, and troubleshooting of complex robotics and autonomy systems that must survive in extreme environments. Applications include autonomous vehicle integration and support (with partnerships in off-road, military, marine, mining, and construction environments), after-market autonomy upgrades, custom designed electronics and enclosures, and various perception sensors (stereo, LIDAR, etc).
CRL design efforts cover the full range of early technology demonstrators and prototypes all the way to volume manufacturing of our products at a rate of several thousands per year. The B/P serves a special role focusing on the procurement challenges for both Engineering Projects and Production. While the B/P's primary responsibility is procurement and planning, successful execution in this role will require interest and the ability to delve into Strategic Sourcing, Category Management, and Supplier Development.
You will be supported by your Supply Chain and Production teammates but also Technical Program Managers, discipline experts in the fields of Mechanical, Electrical, Quality, Systems, and Software Engineering. These partnerships will help you understand the desired outcomes and tradeoffs for cost, quality, and turnaround time for a given program, how to use your skills as a B/P to best accomplish the desired objectives and deliverables of the multiple projects, and coordination with teammates in purchasing to identify the appropriate supplier that is best suited to fulfill orders in an efficient and time effective manner.What your day to day is:
- As the Buyer/Planner, you will be the primary person serving procurement and strategic sourcing needs for both Engineering Projects and Production Orders.
- Partnering with Engineering, Production and your Supply Chain Manager to understand the desired outcomes and tradeoffs for cost, quality, and turnaround time for a given situation you will use your skills as B/P to be able to align your processes and methods to best accomplish the desired objectives and deliverables of the project.
- You will frequently coordinate with your Buyer teammates to identify the appropriate supplier that is best suited to fulfill the priorities referenced above.
- You will frequently coordinate with your Electrical Engineering teammates on applying creative strategies for early orders of long lead electrical components.
- You will issue purchase orders (POs) daily, to procure Machine Parts, Electronics, and additional subcontracted services such as coating, and other needs by the company
- You will proactively manage suppliers to ensure on time delivery and quality.
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods, taking advantage of increased volume leverage
- Maintain accurate purchase order data within the MRP system
- Expedite orders as needed
- Evaluate and explore alternate sources for goods and materials, assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and ensure good communication
- Maintain purchasing reports and metrics
- Experience working in an MRP system, preferably in a technical or manufacturing environment
- Experience with workflow/ticketing software
- Experience with Mechanical CAD tools.
- The ability to understand and interpret Engineering Drawings
- Knowledge of standard Payment Terms and INCOTERMS
- US Citizenship/Permanent Resident status
- You are genuinely excited to work in an environment where you will proactively look for opportunities to contribute, learn, and succeed.
- You operate well as part of a cross discipline team working towards a goal, not as an individual contributor doing a task.
- You have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced engineering/manufacturing environment..
- MRP experience is in a technical or manufacturing environment
- Experience with:
- 1-5 years' experience in a Purchasing/Supply Chain role
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree and/or experience
BusinessView all jobs at Carnegie Robotics
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?