Senior Survey CAD Draftsman / Survey Coordinator
Carnahan Proctor and Cross, Inc. Orlando, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
The primary role of this position is to Draft field work obtained by the survey crews, help us continue to establish better production methods in the Cad Drafting process, be a leader within our team, and work alongside our other CAD Technicians to ensure our product quality and timelines are being met. The candidate should have good communication skills, and the motivation to follow instructions completely and accurately, while working on various types of Drafting projects. Some functions and responsibilities of the position include:
- Coordinate Survey crews from the office and assist them as necessary
- Manage the surveying data coming in from crews in the field, and data being relayed from the office to crews in the field
- Import points from survey crews into Civil 3D 2015-2018
- Calculate and Export points for Construction Staking, Boundary/Topo/ALTA use by the survey crews.
- Draft Various types of Surveys including Boundary/Topo/ALTA, Route Surveys, Easement Dedications, Sketch of Descriptions, and Construction Drainage/Utility As-builts.
- Ability to Create Contours, Profiles, Point / Line / Curve Tables, work with CAD Surfaces and TIN lines.
- Continue to develop more productive CAD Drafting processes, and standards within the survey department.
- Experience with Cyclone/Revit for processing data on our High-Definition Laser Scanning Projects, is a plus.
Qualifications and Skills
Must be completely knowledgeable with Civil 3D CAD Operations, and functions (2015-2018).
- High school diploma or GED diploma preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Land Surveying CAD Drafting environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe, and Bluebeam a plus.
- FDOT experience is a plus, but not required.
- Central Florida Residency, with Dependable Transportation to the office.
- A positive attitude, work ethic, and desire to work thru any challenges to keep our clients satisfied and coming back to CPC on future projects.
Carnahan Proctor and Cross, Inc.Why Work Here?
Great benefits and room for growth.
Carnahan Proctor and Cross, Inc. (CPC): Consistently ranks as a Top Engineering Design Firm in Central and South Florida. Founded in 1977, CPC is a multi-disciplined firm with 40 years of professional consulting experience serving clients in the public and private sectors. As we continue to grow, we seek talented and motivated individuals to join our team. Talent and strong work ethic are rewarded by opportunity and advancement in the company. CPC's in-house staff includes 85+ Civil Engineers, Construction Management Services Professionals, Surveyors and Mappers, along with the administrative and technical staff to support all aspects of any project. CPC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. CPC ensures non-discrimination in all programs and activities. CPC participates in the E-verify employment authorization program.
604 Courtland St.Orlando, FL