Medical Records Director
- Posted: March 21, 2023
Are you inspired by helping people? So are we! If you’re looking to make an impact by caring for others, this is the opportunity for you!
What We Offer:
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full Time, Part Time, and Students) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Carmichael PostAcute Care is a skilled nursing facility. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
What We're Looking For:
We are looking for a reliable, organized, and detail oriented Medical Records Director. They will direct, establish, and plan the overall policies and goals for our medical records department in support of our convalescent strategic objectives and program planning. This candidate must possess the following experience below and be willing to learn new skills and function in non-traditional health information setting:
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure that all health information management practices comply with state and federal policies and other applicable standards.
- Oversee budgeting, quality improvement of operations and processes for the Medical Records department.
- Develops comprehensive realistic annual budgets that reflect departmental needs based on external and internal environments and the application of cost-effective management.
- Oversee staff hiring, employee evaluations, and supervision for Medical Records staff.
- Maintain and oversee accurate tracking systems to review facility documentation and ensure compliance.
- Ensures the quality of medical records by verifying completeness, accuracy, and proper entry in computer systems.
- Develop systems and procedures to provide data for internal analysis and external reporting.
- Oversee secure transfer of patient records to other health care providers and ensure that appropriate requests and authorizations are completed.
- Assumes the responsibility for successfully fulfilling standards and criteria of licensing and accrediting agencies.
- Stay updated of regulatory requirements including all state and federal regulations related to HIMS and the facility, also stay updated on coding and reimbursement changes.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director / Nurse Administrator.
What You’ll Bring:
- Must have at least 1 year experience as Medical Records Director in Skilled Nursing Facility or Long Term Care required.
- Must be RHIT or RHIA registered/certified and have extensive knowledge of HIPAA.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal regulations for skilled nursing or hospital facilities.
- Must have at least 1 year of Point Click Care experience.
- Strong computer skills. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain an organized and efficient work environment.
Carmichael PostAcute Care is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Carmichael PostAcute Care
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?