We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to oversee the day-to-day project management activities of our newest mixed-use project in Washington DC.. The Project is a 500 unit, 15 story, multi-family high rise concrete building consisting of 12,649 SF of ground floor retail, 6,419 SF of amenity space on the rooftop complimented by a rooftop deck and pool, 2 levels of below grade with 172 parking spaces, VRF HVAC system and a skin composed of window wall, brick and metal panels.
Who you are
Others consider you a natural leader, and you’re able to seamlessly switch between leading and managing a team, and interacting effectively with senior executives. You’re a pro at communicating on the page and in person, and you’re great at building relationships. This comes in handy when you flex your expert negotiating skills, which have a real influence on others. Managing multiple projects under time constraints is no problem for you. Your strong analytical and decision-making skills are a key part of your success, and overall, you’re highly committed to operational excellence.
At Carmel Partners, our mission is to create high quality communities using innovative ideas and solutions to enhance the value of our investors, associates and residents.. We are a well-capitalized private real estate firm with expertise in investment and development of multi-family real estate.
What you’ll do
- You’ll be responsible for scheduling, contract negotiations and overseeing projects for property construction
- Lead and manage the project management responsibilities for the entire project
- Lead project team in problem solving, conflict resolution and difficult negotiations
- Monitor permits, materials, and the schedule to ensure the project team is planning ahead
- Lead project team in establishing a positive work environment that drives employee engagement and proect results
- Follow established guidelines and procedures to increase communication and overall efficiencies
- Participate in the planning process by providing budget information to asset managers
- Pre-qualify contractors
- Be responsible for meeting financial, budget, and forecasting objectives and requirements
- Develop a bid list for assigned projects, analyze bids, and award project to selected contractor(s)
- Establish and monitor construction schedule
- Perform on-site inspections to ensure standards are met and construction adheres to plans and specifications
- Track and monitor construction progress through site reports
- Ensure positive coordination and liaison between contractor, purchasing and opening units
- Obtain certificates of occupancy
- Be responsible for meeting financial, budget and forecasting objectives and requirements
- Ensure project costs are aligned with approved budgets; approve contractor invoices and change order requests
- Support the VP/SVP of Construction and/or Director, as required
- Ensure positive communication and team orientation with members of the Development Team
- Attend work as scheduled to support the ongoing success of the company
- Other duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned
You’ll hire, manage, and direct the career development of your team. Ensure your team has the appropriate technical skills, tools and facilities in order to competently perform their roles. And of course, you’ll manage the overall performance of employees through the company’s performance review process.
What you’ll bring
- 8+ years’ experience in construction or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in Residential Construction Project Management
- 5+ years’ experience managing others
- Extensive computer knowledge, including Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, PowerPoint, Access) and internet
- Working knowledge of construction and project management software
- Possession of minimum OSHA 10 or 30 hour in the past three years and current First Aid and CPR training
*Must be able to successfully pass a drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Carmel Partners does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, religion, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration which violates federal, state or local laws.