The Construction Superintendent is responsible for assisting in the review of development or redevelopment activities, as well as, once approved, overseeing the day-to-day management/project management of assigned construction activities. This responsibility includes managing an internal team, as well as third-party vendors and contractors who have been selected to support the company in the assigned development or redevelopment activities and efforts.
Who you are
You’re a pro at communicating on the page and in person, and you’re great at building relationships. This comes in handy when you flex your expert negotiating skills. Others consider you a natural leader, and you’re able to seamlessly switch between leading and managing a team, and interacting effectively with senior executives. You have a knack for staying cool under pressure. Managing multiple projects under time constraints is no problem because your strong analytical and decision-making skills keep you organized and efficient. Overall, you’re highly committed to operational excellence.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for scheduling, contract negotiations and project oversight for property construction
- Responsible for managing the activities of multiple contractors
- Follow established guidelines and procedures to increase communication and overall efficiencies
- Participate in the planning process by providing budget information to property developers
- Pre-qualify contractors
- Develop a bid list for assigned projects, analyze bids and awards project to selected contractor(s)
- Establish and monitor construction schedule
- Performs on-site inspections to ensure standards are met and construction is adhering to plans and specifications
- Track and monitor construction progress through site reports
- Ensure positive coordination and liaison between contractor, purchasing and opening units
- Obtain certificates of occupancy
- Ensure project costs are aligned with approved budgets; approve contractor invoices and change order requests
- Ensure positive communication and team orientation with members of Development Team, and Construction Team
- Function as primary liaison between Design, Property Development, Real Estate and Construction on specific concept items
- Attend work as scheduled to support the ongoing success of the company
- Other duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned
Hire, manage and direct the career development of your team.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering or related field
- 7+ years’ experience in Construction or Civil Engineering or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in Residential Construction Project Management
- 1+ years’ experience managing others
- Extensive computer knowledge: Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), internet and e-mail
- Working knowledge of construction and project management software
- Possession of minimum OSHA 10 or 30 hour in the past three years and current First Aid & CPR training
*Must be able to successfully pass a drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Carmel Partners does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, religion, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration which violates federal, state or local laws.