Director of Information Technology
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Carlson Capital Management (CCM), we deliver a fully integrated, client-centered wealth management experience that exemplifies superior care and upholds the industry’s highest fiduciary standards. Our employee-owned firm offers customized investment, estate, tax, retirement, insurance, and philanthropic planning to individuals and families in a highly collaborative environment.
We are not accepting remote applicants at this time. CCM colleagues are currently working on a hybrid schedule.
The Director of Information Technology leads the firm’s technology team and is responsible for setting functional area strategic initiatives that support the firm’s overall goals and objectives. The Director ensures the effectiveness and efficiency of the firm’s technology infrastructure, including all hardware and software resources, databases, and networks. Applying their understanding of the firm’s work with clients and their families, the Director is also responsible for leading the firm in researching, recommending, and implementing technology solutions that improve the firm’s efficiency and support the delivery of a superior client experience.
In addition, in support of all colleagues in the firm, the Director leads the Technology Team as the primary resource for all technology-related solutions. The Director is responsible for providing deep expertise and for fostering a culture of service and alignment across the firm’s software, hardware, mobile, desktop, network, web, voice, and home office platforms. The Director also has ultimate oversight over the firm’s cybersecurity commitment and compliance.
- Sets functional area strategic initiatives that support the firm’s overall goals and objectives.
- Understands the firm’s business and approach to serving clients in order to help identify opportunities to improve processes, and support and implement technology solutions that support efficiency and optimize outcomes.
- Partners with other directors and managers across the firm to ensure optimal interface performance of all key operational systems.
- Partners with other directors and managers across the firm to lead constant improvement implementation in support of internal business processes and user experience.
- Manages LAN and WAN Network Administration for multiple office locations.
- Manages and maintains cybersecurity at the highest level, including assuring all vendors and platforms meet the same level of security.
- Supports and maintains CCM’s IT compliance processes (e.g. disaster recovery IT functions, asset management and cybersecurity policy).
- Manages technology partner relationships, including network, telecommunications, hardware and software consultants and vendors.
- Assures 100% backup of key operational platforms and data.
- Researches, recommends, and implements technology solutions that improve the firm’s efficiency and supports delivery of a superior client experience. Provides the firm with oversight, investigation, and reporting on industry best practices. This includes as equal priority the client interface experience in partnership with the Director of Operational Excellence, Director of Client Experience and Chief Marketing and Communications Officer.
- Manages Technology Staff with responsibility for bi-weekly L10 meetings, delegation of tasks and responsibilities, quarterly check-ins, career progression, and compensation management. Assures each role has a reasonable level of backup through staffing structure and cross training. Professional development is a key aspect of IT and the position also ensures a high level of currency for self and direct reports.
- With the goal of bringing best-in-class service to internal colleagues, provides oversight of technical support for all hardware, software, mobile devices, and office machines.
- Partnering with the Marketing and Communications Team, serves as an internal webmaster for the firm’s primary website.
- Together with the firm’s Salesforce Administrator, leads in overall management and customization of Financial Services Cloud, including serving as an internal expert on Salesforce to define system requirements, maintain, and customize the platform. Stays updated on new tools, capabilities and updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, IS, MIS or related field required.
- Proven proficiency in SQL and HTML; Java preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of related experience, preferably in financial services.
- Experience managing multiple enterprise systems across an organization.
- Experience managing a team of technical professionals.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate technical projects, processes, required activities, and desired outcomes to all functional areas of the firm.
- Strong preference for direct experience in and expertise with Salesforce FSC.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and user management skills.
- Demonstrated technology support skills across multiple platforms.
- PC hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Cybersecurity experience and training.
Carlson Capital Management
Get fresh Director of IT Operations jobs daily straight to your inbox!