We are looking for an Elevator Mechanic.
Main duties would include (but are not limited to) modernization, new installation, and service work. You should be able to troubleshooting elevator controllers independently, reading and interpret prints and wiring diagrams, confidently to using diagnostic tools such as meters, laptops, handheld programming tools, etc. You must have the physical and mental ability to install elevator equipment using both hand and power tools, be capable of identifying controller & diagnostic problem indicators, interpret problems and corrections through user manuals and technical support. You must also Identify safety problems and advise both the company and the building owner.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated seeking continued professional growth.
You must be able to communicate clearly with office staff and give a status of work performed, using phones, technology and written word. You must have regular prompt attendance and be a team player. You must also have a valid driver’s license.
· Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
· High School Education or Equivalent
· Minimum 4 Years’ Experience in the Industry
· Possess CET, NEAP, or a any other Elevator State License
· Must pay attention to detail and be organized
· Ability to work overtime if needed.
· Ability to follow instructions and standard procedures
· Regularly required to stand; walk; climb; carry; bend; kneel; reach; push; pull and lift and/or move up to 100 pounds continuously
· Remove old controller and install new controller.
· Replace or relocate elevator car station, hall lantern, corridor position indicator, hall push button station and lobby panels.
· Install new rope gripper.
· Install new hoistway traveling cable.
· Install new riser.
· Install new deflector sheaves.
· Install or add new counterweights to counterweight frames.
· Install basement or overhead machine.
· Install new power unit for hydraulic elevators (tank, valve, motor, etc.)
· Replace seals and gaskets.
· Install new hydraulic by-pass switch.
· Realigning guide rails.
· Complete hoistway clean down.
· Cab installation.
· Wire new installed parts.
· Perform final Acceptance Safety tests.
· Other duties as assigned.