Carlos Lopez & Associates LLC is currently seeking a HUD-VASH Substance Abuse Counselor to provide ongoing substance use case management and early treatment interventions to promote sustained stability in Veterans enrolled in the HUD-VASH program.
All services are grounded in a Housing First philosophy and are designed to help enrolled veterans referred by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs secure and maintain stable housing and prevent a return to homelessness. Core daily activities include outreach, service coordination, home visitation, and linkage to medical/behavioral health/substance abuse treatment/housing services/public benefits.
Founded in 2012, Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is a prime contractor with the U.S. Department of Veterans Administration (VA) providing HUD-VASH services to assist enrolled veterans in securing and maintaining stable housing and preventing a return to homelessness. In collaboration with the local U.S. Department of Veterans Administration (VA), we are dedicated to securing and maintaining stable housing and support to homeless/formerly homeless Veterans through professional and client-centered and customer-oriented services.
Our employees enjoy a competitive salary, opportunities for development, a comprehensive benefit package including, health, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP Services, AFLAC, along with a 401K plan, paid time off and paid sick leave.
This position is challenging and requires dedication to the mission of housing veterans who are currently homeless.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide group and individual case management and treatment
• Provide outreach services for HUD-VASH Veteran clients in the community to Substance Abuse treatment programs and providers.
• Develop comprehensive individualized recovery/treatment plans that address the facors that contribute to homelessness, including SUD and other co-occurring factors within a recovery model framework
• Certified Substance Abuse Counselor with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and three (3) years of demonstrated experience providing substance abuse counseling
What you’ll need to be successful:
• Experience working with Veterans, homeless populations, and/or people with active mental illness.
• Ability to travel independently throughout the community.
• Commitment to excellence, ethical behavior, and professional standards
• Desire and dedication to perform with a professional team
• The satisfaction of assisting homeless individuals become self-sufficient
• Selected candidates will require successful completion of a Security/background investigation via NACI (National Agency Check with Written Inquiries) and a SAC (Special Agreement Check) which includes electronic fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screening.
• U.S. citizenship or legal resident status will be verified as part of this process.
• A credentialing process at the local VA medical center (i.e. Vet Pro).
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.