Carlos Lopez & Associates is currently recruiting HUD-VASH Case Managers to provide ongoing services and support in the community to homeless/formerly homeless veterans enrolled in the HUD VASH (Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing) Case Management Program presenting with complex treatment and housing needs. Core daily activities include outreach, service coordination, home visitation, and linkage to medical/behavioral health/substance abuse treatment/housing services/public benefits.
All services are grounded in a Housing First philosophy and are designed to help enrolled veterans referred by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs secure and maintain stable housing and prevent a return to homelessness.
Founded in 2012, Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is a prime contractor with the U.S. Department of Veterans Administration (VA) providing HUD-VASH services to assist enrolled veterans in securing and maintaining stable housing and preventing a return to homelessness. In collaboration with the local VA campus, we provide professional, client-centered and customer-oriented services.
Our employees enjoy a competitive salary, opportunities for development, a comprehensive benefit package including, health, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP Services, AFLAC, along with a 401K plan, paid time off and paid sick leave along with a real opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the underserved.
This position is challenging and requires dedication to the mission of housing veterans who are currently homeless.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working as part of an interdisciplinary team of professionals engage and provide case management services to intensive high needs homeless/formerly homeless Veterans with active mental illness, and substance abuse disorders and co-occurring medical conditions in the community and their homes.
- Accurately assessing psychosocial functioning and needs of Veterans and their family.
- Conducting psychosocial assessments and providing service coordination to prevent negative outcomes and events among high-risk Veterans.
- Coordinating with the Housing Team in the home finding process.
- Monitoring Veterans’ ability to function independently and maintaining wellness in the community.
- Minimum BSW or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the social sciences or family therapy, and
- at least five (5) years of demonstrated case management experience working with homeless population or similarly challenging adult population, or
- Master’s degree with one (1) year of demonstrated case management experience.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience working with Veterans, homeless populations, and/or people with active mental illness.
- Prior experience working in housing/supportive housing programs.
- Ability to travel independently throughout the community.
- Commitment to excellence, ethical behavior, and professional standards
- Desire and dedication to perform with a professional team
- The satisfaction of assisting homeless individuals become self-sufficient
- Selected candidates will require successful completion of a Security/background investigation via NACI (National Agency Check with Written Inquiries) and a SAC (Special Agreement Check) which includes electronic fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screening.
- U.S. citizenship or legal resident status will be verified as part of this process.
- A credentialing process at the local VA medical center (i.e. Vet Pro).
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.