CNA Certified Nursing Assistant (Openings on ALL Shifts)
- $21 to $23 Hourly
Under the supervision of the Charge Nurse or the Director of Nursing.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential job functions
- Establish and maintain a positive and cooperative relationship with co-workers, patients and residents, as reflected in attitude, actions, and body language
- Provide assistance of varying degree (from minimal assistance to total care) to patients/residents
- Provide quality care to patients and residents such as: ensuring appropriate and clean clothing; facilitate good oral hygiene, hair maintenance and removal; and storage and placement of glasses, dentures, and hearing aids
- Provide an immediate response and action to call lights
- Ensure patient and resident nutrition via: assisting with food cutting; opening containers; feeding patients and residents; providing nourishment and hydration; and providing food alternatives when meals are refused
- Provide restorative care through: ambulation of patients and residents; use of assistive devices; and carrying out practices required under physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Turn and position all non-ambulatory residents every two hours
- Perform intake and output, measure vital signs, measure height and weight, collect specimens, and provide post-mortem care
- Work safely with residents and patients using wheelchairs, gericairs, walkers, canes, crutches, portable lifts, electronic scales, and specialized bathers
- Address emergency situations calmly and efficiently in accordance with established procedures
- Perform daily assessments on patients and residents and reporting to the charge nurse changes in behavior, skin problems, and other abnormal or unusual findings
- Report all incidents that cause injury, or have the potential to cause injury to anyone on site, to the charge nurse immediately
- Provide safe care to patients/residents with infections, gastric or naso-gastric tubes, foley catheters, colostomies or ileostomies, intravenous therapy, and oxygen therapy
- Familiar with all aspects of standard precautions applicable in the workplace
- Completion of the ADL worksheet for each patient/resident at the end of the work shift
- Other duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse or the Director of Staff Development
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduation from high school preferred
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and legibly
- Ability to understand and carry out directions or instructions, both written and verbal
- Possession of a genuine interest and concern for geriatric individuals and people with disabilities
- Willingness to perform a variety of simple repetitive tasks that may involve unpleasant conditions, while mainbtaing patience and tact
- Ability to acquire knowledge of and develop skills in, simple nursing procedures
- Acceptable personal grooming and cleanliness
- Punctual and dependable attendance
- Work safely to minimize risks to self, co-workers, patients and residents, and 3rd parties
- Good physical endurance to meet physical demands such as long periods of standing, walking, stooping, bending, pushing, and considerable lifting
- Life / AD&D
- Accident Plan, Critical Illness Plan, Vol Life
- and other benefits provided for all full-time employees
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
To keep ALL our employees as safe as possible, applicants must have a COVID-19 test with a result of negative. Employees are required to wear masks while working. Personal Protective Equipment procedures are followed per CDC, CDPH and County guidelines.
Carlmont Gardens is 74-bed skilled nursing facility. We're all pleasant & family friendly; who is good at and love what we do.
Carlmont Gardens Skilled Nursing Facility provides nursing care services. It offers a range of rehabilitative services that includes occupational, speech and physical services. The center provides wound, hospice, diabetic and postsurgical care services. Carlmont Gardens Skilled Nursing Facility also offers wound, medication, pain management and podiatry services. Its accommodations feature a beauty salon, barber shop, library, patio areas and Medicare certified beds. Carlmont Gardens Skilled Nursing Facility organizes a range of activities, including arts and crafts, games, room visits, outings and parties. Additionally, Carlmont Gardens Nursing Skilled Nursing Facility provides oxygen, respiratory and enteral therapies, as well as social, dietary and spiritual services. The center is located in Belmont, California.
Carlmont Gardens Skilled Nursing FacilitySan Juan, PR
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.