Are you looking for a full-time, permanent position (40 hours per week, including one weekend day and on-call shifts) that provides 100% employer paid medical, life and disability insurance? We have an exciting opportunity at a 228 unit apartment community in SW Portland.
We need a highly motivated, self-directed maintenance technician to help maintain our apartment communities. If this sounds appealing - we want to hear from you!
Benefits include: Salary, medical insurance, 401K contributions, optional apartment (living on site is not required, must live within 10-15 minutes of property).
A. Service Requests/Maintenance
- Routine service requests to be completed within 24-48-hour period
- Emergency service request to be completed as soon as possible
- Preventative maintenance projects to be scheduled and completed in a timely fashion
- Knowledgeable in the following area: light electrical repair and troubleshooting, light plumbing repair and troubleshooting, general maintenance and construction
- Travel to other properties to cover for staffing shortages and/or emergency response, as necessary
B. Apartment Turns
- Assist resident manager with preliminary inspections
- Complete painting/caulking
- Check appliance and light fixtures for proper operation. Repair or replace as needed.
- Repair or replace any damage drywall, doors, molding and trim work
- Complete any other necessary maintenance needed to make it "rent ready" including trash removal/disposal and mold/mildew remediation
C. Property Appearance and Maintenance
- Responsible for appearance of office, clubhouse, and models
- Responsible for appearance and upkeep of fitness center
- Responsible for the appearance and upkeep of pool areas (including chemical balancing), laundry rooms, restrooms, picnic areas, tennis courts, and any other amenities and common areas on property
- Responsible for the appearance of the building exteriors, entryways, walkways, doors, and railings
- Responsible for the inspection and/or maintenance of all property lighting (street poles, lollipop lights, breezeway lights, exit sign, and emergency lights). Should be inspected on a weekly basis. Notify resident manager when an outside vendor is needed to replace street lighting or any lighting above 12'.
- Complete any special property projects assigned by the resident manager
D. Resident Relations
- Interact with residents in a professional, yet friendly manner
- Comply with all state and federal Fair Housing Laws
- Work with maintenance supervisor and/or resident manager to establish daily maintenance workflow priorities
- Comply with assignment of emergency cell phone and on-call emergency duties for evenings, weekends, and holiday coverage
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Adhere to Carla Properties safety program
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., climb a 12-foot ladder, use basic hand tools, kneel, squat and bend
- Assist in two-person lift of household appliances (refrigerator, range, dishwasher, washer, dryer, water heaters, etc.)
Qualified candidates must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor while respectfully performing duties. Be able to: lift a minimum of 50 lbs., climb a 10-foot ladder, use basic hand tools, kneel, squat and bend for vinyl flooring installation, pool chemical balancing, painting, grounds maintenance (trash pickup/proper disposal), assist in two-person lift of household appliances (refrigerator, range, dishwasher, washer, dryer, water heater, etc.), visually inspect & troubleshoot various household components to include appliances, heaters, lighting ballasts, etc.