Software Global Technical Support Engineer II
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
The Global Technical Support Engineer II – Software, Serves as the primary escalation point on advance service support requests. Working closely with Field Service Engineers and customers, the Global Technical Support Engineer II will lead advanced troubleshooting efforts, provide support action plans and/ or customer facing real time remote troubleshooting to resolve product problems.
· Point of contact for technical questions and integration solutions from Field Service Engineers, Customers, Affiliates and Distributors, primarily via telephone and ticketing system, and in case of escalations on-site at domestic and international customer locations
· Partners with global support/engineering departments on solving technical issues and customer problems in the area of responsibility
· Participate in Technical reviews or Quality improvement projects
· Plan installs and upgrades in partnership with customers and their respective IT departments
· Provide feedback on field problems to the Quality and Engineering departments
· Support Global Service organization in implementation of projects in exceptional cases on special request.
· BS Degree or equivalent from four-year college or technical school
· Minimum of six (6) years’ experience as a Technical Support Engineer preferably within medical device industry
· Possess a high degree of technical proficiency, excellent problem-solving skills and analytical abilities, including basic electronics, mechanics, optics skills, cloud computing
· Advanced network and system platforms troubleshooting skills required
· Experience with IT mega trends, such as Cloud computing with Amazon Web Services
· Personal computer advanced operating systems such as Windows Servers and MAC
· Advanced DICOM, HL7 and PACS configuration preferred
· Net+ Certification, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or CISCO certified preferred
· Security+ Certification a plus
Carl Zeiss Meditec, Inc.Why Work Here?
One of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 175 years.
Carl Zeiss is one of the world’s leading innovators in the design and development of medical devices. We create and supply cutting-edge technologies and application-oriented solutions for ophthalmology and microsurgery.