Release Train Engineer
Carl Zeiss Meditec, Inc. Fremont, CA
- Expired: 24 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Agile Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and mentor for the Agile Release Train (ART). The RTE’s primary responsibilities are to plan and facilitate the ART’s events and processes through the preparation, planning, execution, and learning cycles to help improve value delivery. You will work with ART business owners, Product Managers, System Architects, Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, and others to lead and optimize the flow of value the ART delivers. You will mentor and support all areas of the ART using metrics and tools to ensure performance visibility.
· Be the Agile Champion by promoting and growing the ART’s agile capabilities
· Building a high-performing Agile Release Train through servant leadership and coaching with multiple product line teams
· Coordinates with the Product Management Team to define the software release plan and scope.
· Acts as single voice for software releases to assure engineering deliverables are meeting the needs of the business goals
· Supports program execution, escalates impediments, manages risk, and helps drive program-level continuous improvement activities
· Responsible for facilitating program level work across a diverse set of agile development teams.
· Plans and facilitates ART ceremonies such as PI Planning, Scrum of Scrums, ART Sync, System Demos, and Inspect & Adapt workshops
· Cultivate Communities of Practice to strengthen skills and encourage knowledge sharing within the organization.
· Facilitate PI Planning readiness by ensuring the synthesis and alignment of the ART vision and roadmap through cadence-based feature prioritization, estimation, and grooming.
· Assists the portfolio by facilitating feature estimation by teams
· Regularly meets with ART business owners and other partners to think beyond day-to-day activities to determine strategic direction and strategy
· Summarizes Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and accountability
· Leads teams in meeting the ART’s Program PI Objectives by supervising the execution of features and objectives, assisting in tracking, calling out and resolving impediments and bottlenecks
· Collaborates with Portfolio Epic/Product Owners to ensure required overarching activities are being coordinated to realize the business value of the solutions the ART builds
· Works with Scrum Masters to help mentor teams in alignment to SAFe principles and practices
· Supervise and publish metrics on ART progress and performance which are used to help identify improvement opportunities
· Improves the Art's flow of value through continuous learning and experimentation
· Work must be performed according to company standards. In particular, the Software Development Standard Operating Procedure (SDSOP) must be followed.
· BS in CS or related field, advanced degree preferred.
· Five (5) years of experience working directly with Agile teams on projects as a Release Train Engineer or a Scrum Master.
· Eight (8) years of relevant IT experience developing on-premise and cloud software solutions.
· Three (3) years of software design and coding experience for desktop or web applications.
· Agile or SAFe certification required. Strong knowledge of Agile approaches – Kanban, Scrum, XP, etc.
- Must demonstrate technology leadership skills, demonstrating the importance of good decision making and strategic discipline through example and mentorship.
· High-level understanding of software architecture and software delivery lifecycle to provide context of teams work to management as needed.
- Strong servant leader skills – works well with people, able to determine roles needed for projects and structure agile teams.
- Ability to manage enterprise-wide programs and interact effectively with senior leadership. Able to achieve big picture objectives while paying attention to details.
- Strong tactical, strategic thinking, problem-solving skills, and leadership.
- Experience managing projects and programs across geographical regions. Ability to lead and motivate diverse project teams and juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to function in a team-oriented environment and influence staff, colleagues, and superiors.
· Experience running Agile using Microsoft Azure DevOps and ALM tools.
· Experience with Agile development for FDA regulated products is a plus.
· Experience of utilizing Agile development principles to hardware is a plus.
Carl Zeiss Meditec, Inc.Why Work Here?
One of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years.
ZEISS is one of the world’s leading innovators in the design and development of medical devices. We create and supply cutting-edge technologies and application-oriented solutions for ophthalmology and microsurgery.
5300 Central Parkway DublinFremont, CA