The On Call Registered Nurse is normally scheduled to work on weekends and/or “after hours” on week days. The On Call RN is responsible for the nursing care of patients according to the physician's orders. The On Call RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating total patient care and nursing care plans for each patient.
- The On Call RN is normally scheduled to make 15 to 20 patient visits per week. The On Call RN may be able to resolve some issues by phone. However, many “after hours” and/or weekend phone calls will require the On Call RN to make a visit.
- The On Call RN agrees to be available for work-related phone calls throughout the scheduled “after hours” and/or weekend work hours. Work related phone calls should be accepted by the On Call RN without allowing it to go to voice mail; unless the On Call RN is assisting a patient or on a phone call with a patient/family.
- Must be a Registered Nurse licensed in the state of operation.
- Nursing experience required, with experience in Hospice or Home Health preferred.
- Must posses a sound knowledge of nursing principles, procedures and elements of patient family teaching.