The Registered Nurse is responsible for the nursing care of patients according to the physician's orders. The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating total patient care and nursing care plans for each patient.
Compensation (depending on experience): $53,000 - $63,500 annually
Sign-on Bonus: $2,500
- Must be a Registered Nurse licensed in the state of operation.
- Minimum of 1+ years of Nursing experience required
- Preferred: Experience in Hospice or Home Health
- Must possess a sound knowledge of nursing principles, procedures, and elements of patient family teaching.
- Obtains a medical history and assesses, the patient’s physical and emotional status, level of competency, home environment, safety factors, family or household member’s ability to assist with care and the needs of the patient and what teaching will be required.
- Serves as the patient’s advocate by providing information on patient rights, grievance procedures, reimbursement procedures, and patient/family responsibilities. Involves patient’s family in developing the Plan of Care.
- Participate's in updating the interdisciplinary care plan every two weeks including the means of implementing the correct interventions to attain goals.
- Supervises and directs the care given by the Hospice Aide/CNA & evaluates such care in accordance with guidelines and regulations.
- Observes signs, symptoms and reactions to treatments, and informs the attending physician and/or Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) immediately of any changes.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Participates in on-call rotating schedule and provides back-up assistance as requested.
- Willing and able to accurately utilize any automated device required to document in the electronic medical record.