The Patient Care Manager coordinates all aspects of patient/family care and support and facilitates communication and interaction among personnel providing services to terminally ill patients.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinates and manages the patient care aspects of the Hospice Program and the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
- Ensures referral/admission process is completed within Caris standards.
- Assures assignment of patient care staff based on competency of available personnel.
- Monitors scheduling of patient care staff to provide adequate coverage.
- Assures that licensed practical nurses (LPNs), and other care assistants work under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.
- Responsible for providing home health aide competency evaluations and in-service in accordance with federal guidelines.
- Supervises periodic reviews of patient charts, employee visits, and daily activity reports to assure agency standards.
- Plans and conducts team conferences and IDT.
- Arranges hospice and supportive services for patients/caregivers.
- Recruits, hires, and directs the training of field staff in coordination with the corporate office.
- Assesses and evaluates each potential patient/caregiver situation for specific needs.
- Maintains current personnel files for employees, contract staff, and volunteers.
- Assures optimum productivity levels of staff and utilization of services by managing budget within staffing model guidelines.
- Completes systematic collection, review, and evaluation of data pertaining to hospice aspects of care and in accordance with the agencies’ performance improvement plan.
- Responsible for monitoring satisfaction surveys to identify trends and resolve problem areas.
- Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of operation.
- One (1) to three (3) years experience of excellent patient care skills in hospice or palliative care, oncology or home health preferred.
- Must be able to function as an alternate for the Administrator when needed.