This Administrator organizes and directs the organization’s ongoing functions.
Maintains ongoing liaison among the professional personnel and the staff.
Employs qualified personnel and ensure adequate staff education and evaluation for all personnel involved.
Develops and expand the revenue performance and grow market share of the hospice. Manage costs and represent hospice in the community.
- Assures that the hospice meets and exceeds all applicable regulatory requirements of the agency.
- Ensures referral/admission process is completed within Caris HealthCare’s standards.
- Assures assignment of patient care staff based on competency of available personnel. Monitors scheduling of patient care staff to provide adequate coverage.
- Demonstrates leadership/management skills by maintaining high employee satisfaction and low employee turnover rates.
- Supervises periodic reviews of patient charts, employee visits, and daily activity reports.
- Provides complete and accurate patient billing information to the corporate office. Assures the program’s financial success including A/R collections and local A/P processes.
- Arranges hospice and supportive services for patients/caregivers.
- Recruits, hires, and directs the training of field staff.
- Responsible for providing home health aide competency evaluations and in-services.
- Plans and conducts staff meetings and IDT meetings.
- Arranges and negotiates services provided through contractual agreements. Maintains key relationships with hospitals, nursing homes, physicians, and other health care organizations and referral sources.
- Assures optimum productivity levels of staff and utilization of services by managing budget within staffing model guidelines.
- Actively participates in community education and serves as a resource for professional contacts.
- Responsible for assigning medical record review of agency records.
- Responsible for monitoring satisfaction surveys to identify trends and resolve problem areas.
Bachelor or Associate Degree required.
Three (3) years of health-related experience within the past 5 years.
Must possess the knowledge and ability to manage the total operations of the hospice through administrative ability, initiative, resourcefulness, executive and analytical ability.