Responsibilities include completing structured interviews with population members and assisting the Principal Investigator and Project Director with qualitative data collection activities, including on-the-spot interpretation with community members and potential participants. In addition, the Research Assistant will assist with data management and data entry, collect data from medical charts, provide passive referral of participants to appropriate health and social service agencies if needed, and provide general study assistance to the Principal Investigator and Project Director.
Reports to: Principal Investigator and project Director
Hours: 40 hours/week
Education and Experience: 1. Associate’s Degree (Bachelor’s Degree preferred) or equivalent background and experience
2. At least 2 years of experience working in a primary care environment, or one year of experience with social science or public health research or the equivalent
- Complete fluency in oral and written English, bilingual in Spanish required.
- Demonstrated outreach and interviewing experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must show discretion in the handling of confidential information
- Must possess the ability to work independently, problem solve and make decisions when necessary
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented
- Ability to use a computer, Microsoft Office, and proficient in accessing and searching the internet
- Proficiency in the use of on-line forms
- Friendly, reliable, punctual and professional
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, individuals seeking assistance and the general public
- Must have own transportation
Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits package.