Location: Wilkes-Barre, PA
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Status: Per Diem
Job Description: Phlebotomist needed for HIV/STD testing in Wilkes-Barre PA and surrounding area to accurately collect and process patient samples for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of communicable diseases including HIV, HCV and other STDs and to conduct CLIA-waived medical laboratory testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to perform a variety of blood collection techniques and operate centrifuges.
- Knowledge of OSHA Blood Borne Pathogens Standards and the ability to maintain an organized and clean work area based on state health laws and guidelines of our organization.
- Must be a team player with effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to positively and professionally interact with diverse populations
- Answer patient questions regarding collection techniques and offer additional resources on the collection process if a patient requests them.
· Must possess valid phlebotomy certification
· 1-3 years experience as a Phlebotomist
· High school diploma/GED required (Associate’s degree preferred)
· Must have regular access to reliable transportation
· Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Deputy Director
67-69 Public Square, Suite 508
Wilkes Barre PA 18701 or email@example.com
NO CALLS OR VISITS PLEASE!
Caring Communities provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.