NURSE PRACTITIONER Wanted
Location: STD Clinic in Bloomsburg PA
Compensation: $ 50.00 per hour
Status: Part Time
Job Description: The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for counseling, examining, diagnosing, evaluating, and treating patients with a range of sexually transmitted diseases, including but not limited to, HIV, HCV, Syphilis, Gonorrhea and Chlamydia. The NP will work in consultation with the Medical Director to provide appropriate treatment and care based on the 2015 CDC STD Treatment Guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform medical screening/examinations on male and/or female clients for STDs
- Provides treatment for HIV, HCV and STDs
- Thoroughly document all care in clinic’s EHR.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of clinic services/programs
- Providing information on STDs, treatment options, and other related needs.
- Currently licensed to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in Pennsylvania
- 1-3 years experience as a Nurse Practitioner, including experience in reproductive health or infectious diseases
- BLS Certification
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in dealing with medically underserved populations and cultural competency
- Knowledge, comfort, and experience in dealing with sexual health
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred but not required
· Professional development reimbursement opportunities
· Licensure and collaborative agreement reimbursement opportunities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NO CALLS OR VISITS PLEASE
Please submit resume to:
Attn: Executive Director
67-69 Public Sq, Suite 508
Wilkes Barre PA 18701 or help @caringcommunitiespa.org
Caring Communities provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.