HIV/AIDS Mental Health Counselor WANTED
Location: Bloomsburg, PA
Compensation: $27.00 per hour
Status: Full-Time (37.5 hrs/wk)
Job Description: The Mental Health Counselor is responsible for providing individual and group sessions to persons living with HIV or AIDS (PLWH). The counselor is expected to conduct mental health assessments, develop and implement treatment plans/goals, provide referrals and coordination of other mental health professionals and allied treatment providers, to include psychiatrists and other community-based agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide mental health assessments, develop and implement treatment plans/goals, provide referrals and coordinate with other mental health professionals and allied treatment providers, to include psychiatrists and other community-based agencies.
2. Perform individual and group sessions including preparing materials for sessions.
3. Have a fundamental understanding of DSM 5, or its successor, psychiatric disorders, psychotropic medications, brain physiology and demonstrate a working knowledge of the various theoretical models of psychotherapy, behavioral counseling and other Evidenced Based Practices.
4. Maintain a safe, orderly and therapeutic physical environment for clients including crisis intervention.
5. Work with the Director of Case Management to develop and implement specialized programming for PLWH.
- Master’s degree and current PA licensure in counseling, social work, psychology or similar field.
- 3-5 years experience in providing mental health counseling.
- Ability to read and speak in Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Experience in/knowledge of HIV or AIDS or culturally diverse populations.
- Be familiar and follow the laws of the State of Pennsylvania and the federal government as they pertain to mental health practices.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation to travel to satellite offices and other locations to meet with clients, attend required meetings, and participate in regular trainings held in and outside of our 12-county service region and beyond.
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Professional development reimbursement opportunities
- Licensure reimbursement opportunities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NO CALLS OR VISITS PLEASE!
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Executive Director
67-69 Public Square, Suite 508
Wilkes Barre PA 18701 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Caring Communities provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training, and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.