Medical Biller/Coder Wanted
Location: STD Clinic in Bloomsburg PA
Compensation: $16.00 per hour
Status: Part Time
Job Description: The medical biller/coder is responsible for reading and analyzing patient records to determine the correct CPT, ICD-10 and modifiers for insurance billing. The biller/coder is expected to contact and follow-up on unpaid claims or payment discrepancies within the standard billing cycle timeframe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and analyze patient records to determine correct CPT, ICD-10 and modifiers for insurance billing.
- Contact and follow-up on unpaid claims or payment discrepancies within the standard billing cycle timeframe.
- Check for eligibility and benefit verification treatments and procedures
- Prepare, review and transmit claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Set up and maintain cash spreadsheets, patient payment plans and collection reports.
- Degree in medical billing or coding; certification preferred.
- 2-3 years experience as a medical biller or coder
- Knowledge of insurance guideline including HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid and other payer requirements and systems.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding and medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims.
- Ability to read and speak Spanish preferred, but not required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NO CALLS OR VISITS PLEASE
Please submit resume to:
Attn: Executive Director
67-69 Public Sq, Suite 508
Wilkes Barre PA 18701 or help @caringcommunitiespa.org
Caring Communities provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.