Medical Assistant WANTED
Location: Hazleton PA
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Job Description: Responsible for assisting the Clinic Director and Clinicians with the managing of the agency’s STD and Title X clinics. The Medical Assistant will also be responsible for performing phlebotomy and assisting with billing/coding duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs duties related to agency’s Electronic Health Record, Practice Management System, insurance billing, laboratory services
2. Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit
3. Prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests.
4. Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeps patient information confidential
5. Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following policies/procedures/standards; complying with HIPAA and Act 148 (59).
6. Prepare clinic testing samples, (i.e., blood or urine samples) for submissions to the lab including, but not limited to, spinning samples in the centrifuge, properly packing supplies in mailing boxes, ensuring that testing samples are safely transported to appropriate shipping facility and sent to the lab
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Medical Assisting or Nursing degree from an accredited college or university
- 1-3 years’ experience in phlebotomy
- 1-3 years’ experience in medical billing/coding
- CPR and/or BLS certified
- Ability to read, write and communicate in Spanish preferred, but not required
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow
- Ability to perform phlebotomy and administer injections
- Knowledge of medical terminology and EHR data entry
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NO CALLS OR VISITS PLEASE!
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Executive Director
67-69 Public Square, Suite 508
Wilkes Barre PA 18701 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Caring Communities provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training, and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.