Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Enablement
- Expired: October 25, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the Role
Caribou is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, DevOps to adopt DevOps culture and best-practices by being a part of the team that build and maintain the developer experience platform and automation tools for our rapidly growing organization. You'll be helping mentor other engineers in DevOps best practices, while helping to define architectural choices and implementing applications that help build out our DevOps Platform As a Service (PaaS) offering to our internal customers. You'll be using Kubernetes, IaC, and other Container-native based tools to create a full-fledged application offering to our internal customers. The Senior Software Engineer, DevOps will:
- Define deployment architectures for key platform components.
- Customize ArgoCD and Argo Workflows.
- Develop generic Kubernetes helm charts and operators.
- Write CLIs and APIs that will be used by developers.
- Implement Terraform and Google Config Connector Templates to allow us to provision resources according to best practices and at scale
- Participate in Refinement meetings.
- Provide technical guidance to DevOps-focused engineers embedded on teams to help them use the tools we create, and coach them on best practices.
- Coach teams on event driven architectures, Kubernetes and container based microservices.
This role can be based out of Caribou offices in Washington, DC or Denver, CO. Alternatively, this role may work remotely from a state where Caribou operates*. However, this role will require attendance at occasional in-person team meetings.
You expertly balance solving challenges to enable feature development with investing in forward thinking platform technologies and techniques. This means bringing equal parts technical mastery and creative collaboration to the role. You have:
- 5+ years of work experience working in the domain and tech described above
- Passionate software or cloud engineer with high standards of craftsmanship
- Get excited by Kubernetes, containers and the cool architecture they enable
- You are comfortable with Linux, Bash Script, Helm charts
- Collaborator that thrives in a social atmosphere and actively contributes to improving processes, workflows, and communication
- Maker who doesn't relent until finding a both elegant and practical solution to a problem, but still remembers to sleep
- Enjoys being in the middle of things and balances with staying focused
- Systems thinker who understands the value DevOps is creating a culture of developer-ownership through automation and infrastructure as code
- Mentor who thrives teaching new languages, frameworks, and tools to others
- Person who cares deeply that your work realizes positive outcomes for our world
- You mess up because you're learning, and can help us learn to not make the same mistakes
- Team oriented, succeed as a team
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value Take Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation: $155k - $170K annual salary
- Equity in a high-growth company
- 401k savings program with 3% company contribution
- Generous paid time off including: 20 days accrued PTO per year, 14 annual company holidays, 16-weeks paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and volunteer day
- Robust wellness benefits including company-paid plans for health, dental, vision, mental health, disability and basic life insurance
- Optional benefits to suit your individual circumstances such as HSAs, FSAs, supplemental life and medical insurance, and pet insurance
- Up to $1,000 per year for eligible professional development expenses
Our Tech stack is not limited to this list but gives you a general flavor of our ecosystem: Python, Ruby, Golang, Kong, Airflow, Node (NestJS), Typescript, Kafka, Postgres, Google Cloud Platform, Argo CD & Workflows, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Backstage, ELK stack, Prometheus, Grafana
TechnologyView all jobs at Caribou
Get fresh Devops Lead Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.