- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Caribou, we're on a mission to help drivers save money and take control of their car payments. Caribou does this by using technology to unlock low rates, and people to make the process easy and enjoyable. We offer a fully online application and a dedicated team to walk you through the process. We put Drivers in control.
In the last year alone, we grew revenue by 5x and raised a $50M Series B. We're built by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries, and we're proud to be backed by a great team of venture capital investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Moderne Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
About the Role
Caribou is looking for a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) to lay the foundation for our high growth business. You will do this by connecting our long term strategic plan with reality. You will collaborate across the company to develop the operating and financial plan to achieve our strategic goals. As a key member of the FP&A team, you will be in frequent contact with all areas of the business including operations, sales, marketing, and accounting to influence decision making with your financial expertise, analysis, and insights. The Manager of FP&A will:
- Serve as a Finance liaison to business partners, responsible for review of annual financial plans, monthly actuals, and updating rolling forecasts
- Collaborate with business partners to prepare and review multi-year business plan projections
- Own components of our annual financial plan, budget, and rolling forecasts
- Use financial data and analysis to advise executives and business partners on operational and strategic decisions
- Conduct variance analysis to explain how our financial plan and rolling forecasts compare against our actual performance
- Support the development of new KPIs and management reports
- Leverage data from different sources to tell a succinct story
- Prepare financial presentations for senior executives and our Board
- Provide financial analysis and support for corporate development projects (e.g., M&A, strategic partnerships)
This role can be based out of Caribou offices in Washington, DC; Denver, CO; Austin, TX. Alternatively, the Manager, FP&A may work remotely from a state where Caribou does business. However, this role will require attendance at occasional in-person team meetings. As a result, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this position.
You have expertise in finance and want to make a big impact at a startup. In addition, you have:
- 5+ years of prior FP&A, investment banking, or management consulting experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting and business operations
- Expert financial modeling and financial analysis skills, including knowing how to leverage Excel (advanced-level preferred) and Google Sheets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment, and deliver on deadlines with an attention to detail and ability to prioritize work
- Effective written and oral communication skills as this role requires influencing department heads and senior executives
- Ability to drive projects by providing thought leadership and working closely with subject matter experts across the company
- Ability to apply integrative thinking skills to current challenges & opportunities facing Caribou as well as the broader Fintech and technology industries
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Business
Bonus points for:
- Industry knowledge of financial services, and auto lending specifically
- Prior experience working at a Fintech or technology startup
- Master's Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Math, Statistics, or Engineering
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value Take Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive base salary compensation: $110K-130K
- Equity in a high-growth company
- 401K savings program with 3% company contribution
- Generous paid time off including: 20 days accrued PTO per year, 14 annual company holidays, 16-weeks paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and volunteer day
- Robust wellness benefits including company-paid plans for health, dental, vision, mental health, disability and basic life insurance
- Optional benefits to suit your individual circumstances such as HSAs, FSAs, supplemental life and medical insurance, and pet insurance
- Up to $1,000 per year for eligible professional development expenses
We come from all walks of life and are joined together by our shared values, which guide our work. This helps us improve life for our customers, our communities and our team members.
- See people as people
- Take care of each other
- Commit to the mission
- Move quickly and bravely
- Get better every day
- Seek truth
Caribou is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Caribou