Associate Customer Service Representative
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world\. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience\. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work\.
The Associate Customer Service Representative \(Assoc\. CSR\) is responsible for processing customer orders, scheduling deliveries, monitoring production concerns and communicating with customers\. Works with customers, production and marketing to timely respond to and resolve customer complaints\.
Customer Account Coordinators \(CAC\) are also involved in the peripheral activities associated with these core activities and operating a customer focused business\.
Assoc\. CSR's provide a key role to our business\. They perform a variety of customer facing activities, including:
- Logistical processing of customer orders, including coordination with sales, production, warehouses and transportation\.
- Resolving escalated or difficult issues regarding customer complaints and other matters\.
- Working closely with other departments, such as sales and production, to resolve internal complications that impact our customers\.
- Providing proactive communication with customers via telephone, email, and a SMS Texting Solution\.
- Monitoring and developing strategies for cost saving including but not limited to: Truck fill rate, lead time adherence, LTL costs, and minimum order quantities\.
- Assists in the management of improvement projects and commitments requiring a comprehensive understanding of customer service practices and procedures\.
- Applies a comprehensive understanding of customer service practices and procedures to identify areas of improvement and cost management deficiencies to better equip team with efficient customer service techniques and tools/systems\.
- Reviews, creates, and manages moderately complex internal/external benchmark reports and activities, and provides feedback and input into the organizational roadmap\.
- Uses thorough knowledge of customer service practices and procedures to validate, coordinate, and execute customer service strategies\.
- With some limited oversight, informs customers about order status, invoices, contract balances and other moderately complex information needed to complete the sale\.
- Partners with supply chain planning, plant operations, finance, logistics and sales departments to fulfill moderately complex orders, resolve any scheduling challenges, and sustain key supply chain model inputs\. Escalates complex conditions to leadership\.
- With some oversight, interfaces with customers through regular reviews and projects to ensure an understanding the customers' requirements and expectations\.
- Works with Sales and Marketing to understand and promotions and growth targets\.
- Participates in cross\-functional teams to evaluate and recommend common work processes\.
- May provide informal coaching and/or training to coordinators, including coaching Cargill core values\.
- Continuous communication with Plant Operations to assess production status as it related to customer orders\.
- Adjust orders as needed based on plant performance or customer needs\.
- Work with Sales Consultants to address customer concerns, order projections, and new customer setup\.
- Update customers as needed based on order status\.
- Receive inbound calls from multiple locations/customers as needed to support your team\.
- Process incoming orders via phone or electronic transmission\.
- Use AS400 and Microsoft outlook, and Electronic Data Interchange to receive and enter customer orders\.
- Work with Customers, Sales, and Marketing to develop and executive strategic growth plans\.
- Work with Customers and other Cargill functions on continuous improvement projects\.
- Manage minimum order quantities, lead time adherence, monitor dedicated carrier fill rates, and control less than load costs\.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Work Experience\.
- 5 years of Customer Service Experience\.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite\.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills\.
- Ability to Meet Customer and Department Growth Expectations\.
- Excellent Organizational Skills\.
- Strong Attention to Detail\.
- Ability to Work Well within Teams\.
- Bachelor's Degree\.
- AS400/SAP/CRM Experience\.
- Prior Experience with the Agriculture Industry\.
- Sales Experience\.
Job Supply Chain Management
Primary Location US\-KS\-Olathe
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: OLA00049