This Full time position is located in Buffalo, IA; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 number in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future.
Dedicated to helping farmers prosper, Cargill helps customers manage their risk and maximize production through grain marketing alternatives. Part of Cargill's global agricultural supply chain, Cargill serves customers with a 1,500-member team at more than 100 grain elevators and service centers across the United States.
Elevator Operators are responsible for grading grain and inputting customer data in an accurate, efficient manner with superior customer service. Other responsibilities include barge loading, deckhanding, performing maintenance and housekeeping activities.This is an excellent opportunity for qualified individuals interested in:
- Working in a state-of-the-art grain facility
- Team environment
- Working toward career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Incentive program
- Benefits package
As an Elevator Operator, you will:
- Operate safely within Cargill policy, procedures, and governmental regulations and fully participate in Cargill Safety programs.
- Perform critical operations to keep facility operational: Loading barges and trucks. Other grain handling including transferring, blending and monitoring of grain inspection equipment.
- Provide a high level of customer service by displaying courteous, helpful, knowledgeable interaction and behaviors.
- Maintain the general appearance of the facility to include elevator, grounds, buildings, etc.
- Monitor equipment to ensure it's in good working order, participate in the overall maintenance of the facility and equipment - notify management of any necessary repairs or possible equipment concerns.
- Be an involved/engaged member of a team and be willing to act and think independently.
- 40% Risk Management - Assist in management of all aspects of State/Federal Regulatory and Cargill compliance programs including: EH&S, Inventory Control, Warehousing, Security, Housekeeping, Food Safety, etc
- 30% Production Excellence - Captialize on opportunities to improve efficiency, reduce expenses and increase revenues through greater productivity. Efforts revolve around 4 focus areas: Plant Efficiency, Yield, Mix & Blend and put thru with an overall goal of Operational Excellence
- 30% Reliability Excellence - Assist with proactive maintenance checks and services. Entry of data into Cargill's Computerized Maintenance Program
- Assist with reduction in failure maintenance costs by maintaining effective proactive and predictive miantnenace programs.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility (For the pre-screening questions use the code Age to add this question).
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work in elevated areas
- Must be able to read/write English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts
- Able to perform physical job duties including open/close valves.
- Able to operate machinery
- Forklift certified
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Prior experience in production related work
Employment Type: PART_TIME, FULL_TIME