Design Lead, Creative Services
- Posted: over a month ago
Carewell envisions a world where informal caregivers find the support and convenience they need, allowing them to maintain a sense of normalcy, to live happier and healthier lives, and to spend more quality time with the people they love - in comfort, with confidence.
We are bringing this world about through always-on advice, expertly-vetted products, trusted partnerships and helpful resources designed to empower families and afford everyone the opportunity to age gracefully in-place.
Great design and storytelling is imperative to helping caregivers navigate caring for a loved one, and establishing Carewell as the most trusted and guiding resource for care.
The purpose of the Design Lead role is to lead the Creative Services department toward creating engaging visual and written content in a way that appeals to and builds trust with our caregiving audience.
The goals of the department are to:
- Build brand affinity and recognition by developing consistent and effective brand messaging
- Build caregiving community by developing engaging assets
As the Design Lead, you will oversee and support design and branding activities for a company across all Carewell.com touchpoints. You will be responsible for all visual and storytelling elements that create helpful, guiding solutions to caregiving challenges by:
- Crafting and distributing comprehensive advice, guidance and general content - by caregivers and for caregivers.
- Ensuring caregivers have the information to feel confident when navigating care, including researching, purchasing and using products at home.
- Remove taboo around sensitive topics by creating inclusive, encouraging, positive content and not being afraid of talking about the negatives related to caregiving and aging.
- Build solution-driven assets, designs, and content that supports the identified challenges that caregivers undergo
- Build trust that Carewell is the authority in care.
What makes a great design lead is their ability to maximize the potential of the design team. They're coaches and mentors focused on leading digital design teams. As leaders, they're capable of identifying each individual's strengths and weaknesses. And as coaches and mentors, they're intent on helping their team members grow, bringing out the best in the design department.
As Design Lead, you are crucial to supporting all cross-functional teams. In this leadership capacity, you will help drive cross-functional meetings from the design perspective. You're a diplomat between your design team and other stakeholders, and you advocate for the brand's customers, championing human-centric approaches and design thinking.✅ What you'll be responsible for...
- Craft the creative vision and strategy for developing brand building initiatives and compelling stories that position Carewell as the most trusted and helpful resource for care.
- Partner with BI and cross-functional teams to conduct in-depth research of customers and analyze trends in questions, challenges, and needs
- Develop specific frameworks and rules for both written and visual assets based on brand guidelines
- Ensure brand alignment across all organizational functions, including advertising assets, internal communications, integrated campaigns, external and vendor decks, etc
- Provide analysis to ensure that all projects stay within brand standards
- Use data, analytics, and customer research to drive innovation
- Be the captain of the creative services team
- Team is currently 1, should grow to include mix of full-time and content resources across copywriting, visual asset creating, photographers and videographers, etc
- Take a hands-on approach to the ideation, creation and execution of all visual elements including compelling graphics, photos, illustrations, infographics, advertisements, emails, and across Carewell.com's digital experience
- Oversee and manage high-quality visual presentation of all Carewell touchpoints
- Communicate the bigger picture and provide the team with direction.
- Inspire and motivate the team to achieve high-quality, thoughtful initiatives and work product
- Cultivate a safe environment to enable members of the creative teams to grow and upgrade by sharing honest, direct feedback
- Holding teams accountable to high quality work, efficient processes, and deadlines
- Hire, manage and negotiate with external partners or contractors, including writers, artists, and agencies. Bonus points if you have existing agency contacts or a network to support this effort.
- Ensure adherence to creative budgets and propose solutions to save costs
- Architect processes and frameworks for managing the creative services department
- Conduct the initial design frameworks and help the creative services team with specifications needed in specific projects, using multiple software and digital boards.
- Developing strategic design plans with projected timelines and budgets.
- Ensure effective project management and prioritization of all creative requests
- Suggest changes to workflows and troubleshoot issues in order to improve efficiencies
- Maintaining and storing digital assets, including online libraries and naming conventions, ensuring accessibility for all Carewell functions as needed
- Oversee daily tasks tied to creative production
- Working with and influencing cross-functional teams
- Offer a strong point of view to all cross-functional teams, rooted in design best practices and methodology - but open to feedback from all stakeholders and understanding the uniqueness of this demographic
- Work loudly by communicating effectively with department heads, setting clear and measurable goals, and ensuring stakeholder buy-in.
- Communicate the concepts, ideas and outcomes of research and results to the entire team to maintain a smooth flow of information.
- Meeting with stakeholders to discuss their needs and the design elements they want.
- Traffic (Attract)
- Conversion (Convert)
- Clicks, Likes, Bounce, etc (Engagement)
- Connect (Community)
We're looking for someone with varied experience in consumer, tech, and/or e-commerce space, and is an innovative, collaborative problem solver. Our Design Lead will be a consumer obsessed individual; they can move seamlessly between forward thinking and tactical implementation.
The successful candidate is a life-long learner, is excellent at navigating the unknowns, working with multiple collaborators to move fast, while actively managing risk, to get the right things done. Their teams will understand the "why" of each decision and how to deliver value in support of organizational goals.
They are equally adept at setting a long term strategic vision as they are at getting in the weeds, and have a proven track record of successful execution, holding themselves and those they manage accountable for their commitments.
- 5+ years of design experience including graphic design, digital advertising, photography and product design
- 3+ years of management experience leading creative teams
- Bachelor's degree or similar training program in design or related field required
- A strong design portfolio to showcase your creativity, design thinking and familiarity with corporate designing. We're looking for someone who's obsessed with fonts, hierarchy of information, and accessibility.
- Significant experience in leading and working within small digital design teams in a fast-paced working environment, building processes and actively working on projects, as well as within larger organizations that have established, well-defined processes that touch consumers across various channels and markets.
- An eye for detail and analytical skills to read and take inputs from the audience and market research data
- Strong knowledge of various designing processes and various designing software
- Ability thrive in a challenging work environment driven by results where deadlines are respected
🎈 Bonus points...
- Budget management experience
- Existing network of creative partners and agencies
- Experience supporting ADA Compliance and experience working on projects with legal/compliance
💜 What we'll offer you…
- The opportunity to be a founding team member of a fast-growing startup
- Competitive compensation along with health, dental, and vision insurance
- The ability to work 100% remotely
- Federal holidays off + generous vacation time
- A steady stream of feels as we hear daily from highly-satisfied customers
- A fun, diverse, and entrepreneurial team focused on greatness
- Employee discount
- Passionate, mission-driven co-workers who are dedicated to improving caregivers' lives
- The opportunity to make an appreciable difference in the lives of millions of people in need of support and otherwise left to figure things out, alone
🧠 Want to learn more about us? Check out recent awards and features at our Carewell Newsroom.
Carewell's mission is centered around creating a better world for care. We believe having diverse and inclusive teams is an integral part of carrying out that mission.
Our increasingly diverse world is faced with complex care challenges that can best be solved through a diverse and inclusive workforce, community of partners, and stakeholders.
Carewell is committed to equal opportunity, and we welcome and encourage all walks of life to come learn, grow, collaborate, and create a better world for care with us.
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?