Currently, CareMount Medical is looking to hire Phlebotomists to work full-time at our Murray Hill, NYC location. This position offers competitive pay, fantastic benefits and growth potential. If you are seeking a change and want to join a phenomenal organization, apply today!!
Position Overview: The Phlebotomist performs venipuncture and capillary puncture on adults, neonates and pediatric patients; collects urine specimens; performs EKG and spirometry on adult and pediatric patients; participates in the instruction of new personnel; works with computer; communicates in a manner that promotes Laboratory professionalism as well as a comfortable phlebotomy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
· Blood Collection: from adult and pediatric patients using vacutainer, syringe and butterfly techniques; capillary puncture using heel and fingerstick techniques.
· Identifies and labels specimens appropriately.
· Instructs patients in regard to urine and stool collection procedures.
· Enters accessioning data into the computer.
· Prepares specimens for send out testing.
· Inventories supplies and prepares phlebotomy stations to effectively collect blood.
· Attends required meetings.
· Enhances professional growth and development through inservice meetings and education programs.
· Performs EKG, Holter Monitor, and Spirometry procedures.
· Maintains patient confidentiality.
· Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques to perform blood, urine and stool collection.
- Knowledge of container and minimum volume requirements for specimen collection. . Knowledge regarding the technical correctness of EKG and spirometry printouts.
- Knowledge regarding the proper attachment of a Holter monitor.
- Skill in labeling and dispersing specimens to appropriate stations.
- Skill in interacting with patients representing a broad physical and socioeconomic spectrum. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, laboratory staff and medical staff.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Frequent standing, walking and bending required for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to support the body weight of an adult patient when moving from a chair to an exam table.
- Requires visual acuity and normal color perception.
Working Conditions: Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a medical group and laboratory environment.
Qualifications and Education:
- High School diploma or GED and on the job training.
- One year of phlebotomy required.
Certification: Certification from an accredited phlebotomy diploma program preferred.
Alternative to Minimum Qualifications: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EEO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability