CareMount Medical is actively seeking the groups first NYC-based Nurse Manager/Patient Care Manager(PCM). With a conveniently located Murray Hill office, this individual will be joining the state's premier out-patient, multi-specialty medical group, highly reputed for best-in-class patient care, renowned clinical teams and affiliations with world-class organizations and institutions.
With 70+ years serving over 565,000 patients throughout the Hudson Valley, we are proud to now bring our services into NYC - expanding our footprint of the communities in which we live and support. Working with the support of Chappaqua Administration HQ, the selected individual will be integral in building and fostering the CareMount culture in this exciting new endeavor.
- NYS RN or LPN
- 5+ years of direct staff management for 20+ individuals
- Direct experience within outpatient or ambulatory setting
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
A. CLINICAL PRACTICE/PATIENT CARE
1. Responsible for excellence in the clinical practice & the delivery of patient care;
2. Assesses & identifies the needs for & assists with program development;
3. Develops & maintains an environment that supports excellent in clinical practice;
4. Maintains a high level of clinical excellence in his/her specialty;
5. Functions effectively with other healthcare providers during emergency situations;
6. Acts as a resource & role model for clinical staff in the delivery of patient care;
7. Collaborates with Regional Patient Care Director, Sr. Director of Operations/Chief Nursing Officer, other Patient Care Managers, Department Heads & Physicians to support excellence in the patient care delivery system throughout CareMount
8. Reviews & implements policies, procedures & standards of care to assure excellence in patient care, & compliance with any applicable regulatory or accrediting agencies;
9. Defines & implements a patient care service system for his/her designated department(s) that ensures quality care & optimal patient outcomes.
B. FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY
1. Participates in the preparation, monitoring, analyzing & maintenance of annual salaries, OTPS, & capital budgets for all assigned departments;
2. Establishes yearly goals for assigned department & develops a plan for meeting departmental goals considering human & material resources;
3. Evaluates the impact of proposed new programs on department & CareMount develops a plan to implement new programs accordingly;
4. Evaluates the impact of new programs that have been implemented;
5. Collaborates with Regional Patient Care Director to determine capital, salaries & OTPS needs for new MDs & programs;
6. Monitors P&L statements monthly & collaborates with Regional Patient Care Director regarding variances from budget allotments;
7. Maintains communication with Regional Patient Care Director regarding all budgetary issues.
C. TEACHING & EDUCATION
1. Uses clinical & professional management knowledge & skills to educate both clinical & non-clinical staff & others effectively (e.g., via written information, face-to-face communication, phone communication);
2. Continuously evaluates the results of education & modifies the teaching plan based on outcomes;
3. Designs & implements educational activities that are appropriate & consistent with CareMount Medical policies & practice, & which supports excellence in patient care.
1. Maintains appropriate & timely documentation of interactions with staff as per CareMount Medical policies;
2. Completes a probationary evaluation form after 90 days of employment for all newly hired and/or transferred staff;
3. Completes annual performance evaluations of clinical & non-clinical staff within timeframe established by CareMount policies;
4. Completes all necessary Human Resources forms (Request for Personnel, Payroll Change Form, etc.) accurately & in a timely manner.
1. Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills, particularly when urgent/emergent or unexpected clinical or administrative events arise in order to maintain both the smooth functioning of the department(s) & patient/personnel safety;
2. Delegates tasks & responsibilities to appropriate personnel based on educational level, ability, & defined job functions;
3. Provides direction to personnel & performs an ongoing evaluation of their performance;
4. Identifies opportunities for staff performance improvement & implements correction action plans as needed;
5. Based on ongoing performance reviews, uses the progressive disciplinary process as needed in accordance with CareMount Medical policies;
6. Serves as a catalyst for maintaining excellence in patient care & improving standards of practice;
7. Demonstrates leadership skills through the ability to set & attain goals;
8. Serves as an effective role model for professional conduct & professional practice (e.g., maintaining composure during times of increased stress);
9. Serves as an effective preceptor to new staff & new patient care managers as needed;
10. Encourages staff development through providing opportunities & mentoring to achieve individual growth & development;
11. Actively participates in Patient Care Services monthly meetings;
12. Designates an appropriate charge nurse to oversee the Department in the absence of the Patient Care Manager;
13. Designates a Patient Care Manager to oversee the charge nurse, & intervene in administrative issues as needed, in the absence of the Department Patient Care Manager.
II. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL CLINICAL OPERATIONS EMPLOYEES
A. Arrives to work on time or notifies Regional Patient Care Director and/or designee as soon as employee becomes aware that he/she will be absent or tardy, and/or as per individual department protocol;
B. Maintains an acceptable attendance record as per CareMount Medical policies & procedures;
C. Attends all mandatory CareMount Medical programs & in-services as required & applicable;
D. Dresses according to CareMount Medical dress code;
E. Assumes responsibility for reading, understanding, & complying with information contained in the current CareMount Medical Employee Handbook, CareMount Medical Administrative Policy & Procedure Manual;
F. Maintains confidentiality under all circumstances;
G. Performs related work as required;
H. Assists Regional Patient Care Director and/or Senior Director of Operations/Chief Nursing Officer by taking on other assignments, assuming additional responsibility, working additional hours, or altering regularly scheduled hours, when necessary, for the efficient operation of assigned department(s) and CareMount Medical.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMAND: Requires full range of body motion including moving and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time. Occasionally exerts up to 100 pounds of force, such as assisting patients in arising from the exam table, pushing patients in wheelchairs, or assisting patients into/out of wheelchairs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: May require frequent exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other substances and conditions common to a medical office/healthcare environment. Requires use of a computer, potentially for long periods of time. Subject to irregular or flexible hours to meet deadlines.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program with current licensure as a nurse in New York State and current NYS registration in good standing, and/or BS in related field, i.e. Health Care/Business Administration. Record of prior stable employment and/or favorable references.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability