Registered Nurse - Full Time - SIGN ON BONUS
Caremark Healthcare Los Angeles County, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Hospice Registered Nurse understands that it is the small stuff that matters like a warm smile and reassuring touch that shows you care. A kind word that soothes the heart and fosters a personal connection. Our nurse believes in the importance of building relationships, and is ready to make a difference.
We are looking for a Hospice Nurse to provide care and support to terminally ill patients. Your presence and services should bring comfort to the person who faces the end of their lives and help them reach acceptance and peace of mind. For this role, you need to be a registered nurse who sees the value of hospice care in alleviating pain and suffering. A compassionate nature and excellent interpersonal skills will make you a good candidate for this position. We expect you to be knowledgeable in caring for the terminally ill, performing tasks such as administering medication and providing emotional support. The goal is to help patients live their final days with dignity and comfort.
Our hospice Registered Nurse initiates and coordinates the hospice care plan, provides skilled and palliative care and coordinates the services provided to patients. The RN works cooperatively with the Hospice Medical Director, and other members of the interdisciplinary Hospice team. The RN participates in patient care conferences and supervises the Home Health Aides and LVNs assigned. The RN regularly reviews and updates the plan of care. Performs prescribed medical treatments, including pain management and symptom control, conducts assessments and evaluations, provides education and supportive care to patient and caregiver. The RN performs pre-admission evaluations for appropriateness for hospice services. Initiates the admission process by educating and informing patient/family of hospice and its services. Also obtains informed consents. Provides nursing assessment, initial plan of care and intervention(s) that optimize patient and family directed comfort and quality of life.
- Registered Nurse currently licensed and practicing in the State of California.
- Current Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Previous experience in hospice, home health, general medical surgical or patient population specific (i.e.: geriatrics, pediatric, etc.) nursing.
- Minimum of one year experience in the home health and/or hospice settings.
- Periodically commit to serve as after-office-hours on-call.
- Must have reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, and the minimum state required liability auto insurance.
- Demonstrated commitment to Hospice’s philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture.
- Collaborate with physicians and other professionals to plan care
- Make frequent visits to the patient to evaluate their condition
- Provide support and comfort according to individual patient’s needs
- Work with caregivers to plan and execute excellent patient care
- Help in administering medication
- Alleviate sudden symptoms of the disease’s end phase
- Notify a doctor for a patient’s condition when deemed necessary
- Assist patients and their families with paperwork
- Maintain accurate records
- Help relatives cope with the upcoming loss and provide post-mortem support
- Proven experience as hospice nurse or registered nurse
- Knowledge of nursing care processes and medication guidelines/side-effects
- Committed to safety precautions and high ethical standards
- Proficient in English
- Sound judgement and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a compassionate nature
- Cool-tempered and patient
- Emotional/mental stability and stamina
- Formal nurse training; certification as hospice nurse is a plus
- Current CPR certificate
Caremark HealthcareWhy Work Here?
Lots of room for growth, positive work environment, good communication, smooth workflow, training.
AddressLos Angeles County, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Caremark Healthcare