Careline Health Group is in the process of looking for a MSW in joining a team of professionals dedicated to those affected by life limiting disease. As a provider of hospice, Careline Health Group is searching for an upbeat and personable individual to work as part of a team in delivering care to patients. Careline does reimburse for mileage.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
1. Assesses the psycho-social status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient's terminal illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary group. Provides an assessment in the patient's identified residence and assistance when this is not safe and another plan is required.
2. Carries out social evaluations, including family dynamics, caregiver abilities, communication patterns, high-risks for suicide, neglect or abuse and plans intervention based on evaluation findings. Counsels patient and family/caregivers as needed in relationship to stress, and other identified coping difficulties. Provides crisis intervention when necessary.
3. Assesses for, and educates interdisciplinary group, on any special needs related to the culture of the patient and family. Includes communication, role of family, space, and any special traditions or taboos.
4. Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
5. Educates patients and families on, and assists in, preparation of advanced directives.
6. Provides information and referral services for organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
7. Provides information to patients and families/caregivers and community agencies.
8. Serves as liaison between patients and families/caregivers and community agencies.
9. Maintains collaborative relationships with organization personnel to support patient care.
10. Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and personnel.
11. Participates in the development of the individualized plan of care, involving the patient and family, and attends regularly scheduled interdisciplinary group meetings, assisting the team in recognizing the effects of the psycho-social stresses on the symptoms of the terminal illness.
12. Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems and death/dying issues.
13. Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
14. Assists family and patient in planning for funeral arrangements, financial, legal, and health care decision responsibilities.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. A graduate of a master's degree program in social work accredited by the Council on
Social Work Education.
2. Minimum of one (1) year's experience in health care, hospice experience preferred. Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying.
3. Experience in a hospice care preferred.
4. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
5. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.