Electronics Hardware Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
CAREL USA, Inc. is an innovative, high-tech company that offers professional development and skills enhancement opportunities, both nationally and internationally working for CAREL means taking an active role in building the company’s success, and enjoying a professional experience that involves developing a spirit of initiative, a sense of responsibility and an aptitude to work within multicultural and change-oriented environment.
Founded in 1973, CAREL is a world leader in control solutions for air-conditioning, refrigeration and heating, and systems for humidification and evaporative cooling. We design our products to bring energy savings and reduce the environmental impact of machinery and systems. Our solutions are used in commercial, industrial and residential applications.
Specifically, we have operations in the Americas (North, Central, and South), Asia Pacific, Africa and Europe; we have 18 fully-owned subsidiaries and 7 production sites, in addition to partners and distributors in a further 75 countries.
Our mission of high-efficiency solutions summarizes the model that CAREL has adopted, both the starting point and the final objective that enclose the entire process, from conception to production and marketing of our systems. Research, innovation, and technology are the keys to our success: for more than forty years, customer needs have been at the center of our design work, so as to offer elements of differentiation in terms of both functions and appearance.
Carel offers great medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, vacation, sick and personal time, along with a 401k plan.
Find out more about us: www.Carelusa.com
The Electronics Hardware Engineer works as part of the Research & Development team to develop and sustain
complex embedded hardware & firmware for new and existing air conditioning, refrigeration and humidification
applications. This position works in a context strongly oriented towards innovation, communication, teamwork,
analysis and problem solving.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Responsibilities
and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
● Defines requirements and creates design / test specifications for all design work undertaken in
accordance with the defined project management framework and guidelines, on time, cost and
established quality standards;
● Serves as a technical reference for products/ parts of project assigned; resolve complex design and
● Manages the technical homologation of components;
● In collaboration with the Operations department, the candidate will manage assembly plans, assembly
cycles, functional and in-circuit tests, prototype trial run in the production line, and support finished
goods mass production.
REQUIRED FIRMWARE/HARDWARE DESIGN SKILLS
● Practical knowledge of C programming language and of the main development environments and
scripting languages for creating software test harnesses for the testing of hardware designs
● Knowledge of firmware debugging and validation techniques
● Experience in firmware/hardware development of industrial communication protocols (Modbus, BACnet,
CAN, etc.), management of user interfaces, analog / digital input and output stages and storage in mass
● Experience in HW design by using 8/32 bit Microcontollers or Microprocessors (single chip or ROMless)
● Experience in developing analog and digital HW solutions is required:
○ Analog and Digital signal conditioning;
○ HW filtering;
○ Sensor inputs (NTC, PT1000, PT100, etc);
○ Analog and digital I/O;
○ Switching power supplies;
○ Drivers for different stepper motors;
○ LED/LCD/graphical user interfaces with backlight;
○ Hardware communication interfaces (RS485, ETH, USB);
○ Utilization of typical lab equipment such as: oscilloscopes, DMM, DC/AC power sources,
soldering/desoldering stations, etc.
● Experience in Verification and Validation processes
Experience of Design For Manufacturing (DFM) and Design For Test (DFT)
● Preferable experiences in DFMEA and MTBF calculation
● Application of relevant EMC and SAFETY tests in a laboratory
● Understanding of competent body requirements to fulfill UL, CE, CQC, VDE standards.
● Knowledge of In-Circuit and Functional Test specification, development, debug and maintenance are
● Understanding of the constraints related to the design and component selection of long product lifetimes
and component obsolescence/homologation issues is required.
● Creation and maintenance of product bill of materials (BOM)
● Experience in HVAC industry is a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each ESSENTIAL DUTY satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
● Education: BSEE/BSEET. The ideal candidate must have gained at least 3 years of experience in
HARDWARE/FIRMWARE design and implementation on embedded industrial systems for applications in
the industrial and/or automation world.
● Language and Communication Skills: Good verbal and written language communications skills. Good
technical writing ability.
● Mathematical Skills Engineering level
● Reasoning Ability Engineering problem solving. Design visualization.
● Computer skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a basic knowledge of
Electronics CAD,; Oracle Manufacturing software; Microsoft Office.
Carel Usa Llc
ManufacturingView all jobs at Carel Usa Llc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?