- $34,000 Yearly
Requisition Title: Placement Counselor (DEO – Employment Security Representative II )
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME
POSITION LOCATION: multiple locations in Broward County
The Work You Will Do:
The Placement Counselor (Employment Security Representative II) is a professional position specializing in providing individual or group vocational or employment counseling services in a One-Stop Career Center. This position is a member of the Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) team assigned to CareerSource Broward. Staff in this role help advance Florida’s economic vision by providing current labor market and employment information to customers through resume assistance, job searching, referrals to education and training programs and/or finding employment. This position provides high quality customer service support and enhances the economy by meeting customer/client expectations with an emphasis on assisting customers to achieve their employment goals.
Where You Will Work:
Broward County is a popular tourist destination and is known for its beaches, waterways, and cultural offerings alongside its upscale restaurants and luxury hotels. Once known strictly as a tourism-based economy, it now supports a diverse range of industries, including marine, manufacturing, finance, insurance, real estate, technology, avionics/aerospace, film, and television production. Fort Lauderdale is a world-class international business center and one of the most desirable locations for new, expanding or relocating businesses. Port Everglades is considered the 3rd largest cruise port in the world.
WORKING FOR THE STATE OF FLORIDA IS MORE THAN A PAYCHECK!!
- State Group Insurance coverage options:
Health, life, dental, vision, and other supplemental options
- Retirement plan options, including employer contributions
- Ten paid holidays and a Personal Holiday each year
- Annual and Sick Leave Benefits
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program (Eligibility required)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Fee Waivers (Accepted by major Florida colleges/universities)
- Ongoing comprehensive training provided
- Highly skilled, professional environment
- We care about the success of our employees.
- We care about the success of our clients.
- We are always improving our technology, our tools, our customer’s experiences and ourselves.
- A rewarding experience for reliable, compassionate and professional employees.
Your Specific Responsibilities:
- Comprehensive and specialized assessments of skill levels and aptitude.
- Career counseling and planning.
- Making presentations and training
- Short-term pre-vocational services that may include: the development of learning skills, interview skills, personal maintenance skills, and professional conduct toward preparing individuals for unsubsidized employment or training.
- Provide individualized or group specialized counseling services to targeted/contracted groups (e.g., dislocated workers, veterans, welfare transition participants, etc.) using standardized counseling techniques which will assist customers in deciding on vocational goals and employability plans for entrance into employment.
- Coordinate services with state and local agencies and private employers for job development and referrals.
- Refer customers to community resources for appropriate employment-related services and perform placement services as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communication and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in individual and group settings, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection. (Record, collect, evaluate, and analyze).
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective customer service and the ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to conduct effective interviews.
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful, courteous, and effective manner.
- Ability to work independently by planning, organizing, and coordinating work assignments.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to read and understand reports, documents, and other written materials.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to work independently at times.
- Ability to make presentations in group or individual settings.
- Ability to work effectively as part of an inter-organizational team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- As a condition of pre-employment eligibility, a Level 2 security background screening is required, which consists of fingerprinting and a check of local, state, and national law enforcement records.
- The incumbent must possess or obtain certification as a Workforce Professional within six (3) months of employment in this position
- Required to travel locally and must furnish own transportation.
- Duties and responsibilities of this position must be performed at the official work site of the Department.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years’ experience in sales/marketing.
- Professional or nonprofessional experience in areas related to employment security: sales, marketing, interviewing, counseling, job placement, aptitude testing and assessments, job development, or job analysis may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the preferred college education.
- Registered in EmployFlorida.
CareerSource BrowardFort Lauderdale, FL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.