Purchasing Agent – Elkhart
Direct Hire - 40k-50k - based on experience
Our client, a multi-faceted corporation focused on plastic CNC fabrication and Thermoforming/Vacuum Forming, has an immediate need to fill a Purchasing Agent role. The right candidate will have experience withing a high-volume environment.
- 2+ years previous experience with purchasing/sourcing – preferably of hardware components
- Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Office) and AS400 or other ERP Systems
- Multi-task and perform under deadline driven environment
- Must be a quick learner and work well with others
- Prepare and process purchase orders for raw materials, supplies and equipment on a timely basis.
- Ensure inventory is accurately maintained at appropriate levels and work with relevant departments to determine future needs. Analyze inventory levels as demands change.
- Minimize obsolete materials.
- Regularly communicate with Production and Sales regarding raw material schedules.
- Monthly cycle counts, month-end inventory reporting and variance reports.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Sales to identify and source new suppliers and vendors.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiate vendor price reductions.
- Maintain the best possible terms, pricing and programs.
Our client offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and benefits package. Benefits offered include medical coverage with vision and dental as well as matching 401K. Short and Long-term disability, life insurance and paid vacation are also provided.
If you have at least 2 years of purchasing experience within a high-volume environment and looking for the next step in your career, send your resume to Gwen Kilgore @ email@example.com today!
To view additional openings visit jobs.careertransitionsllc.com
Career Transitions Holdings, LLC